TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

PA best insurance rates?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Atebit, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Atebit

Atebit Member

I was wondering if any PA owners wouldn't mind sharing which carriers they believe are offering the best rates for the Model S?

2. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Also curious, as I'm reaching the point where it's time to switch it up.

3. Atebit

Atebit Member

(I guess they all do mind.) :confused:

4. SamGarber

SamGarber S85 "Whale Shark"

I pay $140/mo for my S85 with State Farm. Same policy has my ML350 and it is $142/mo. 2 drivers, no accidents in last 6 years.

5. Atebit

Atebit Member

Thanks!

6. Newscutter

Newscutter Member

I have USAA, pay somewhere around $550/6 months. Squeaky clean record, 2 drivers, 3 cars. Full tort 100/300. $500 deduct.

Note that I had to notify insurer of the tracking capabilities of the car. They were familiar with OnStar and similar-- for which there was a discount code associated with the car models specifically-- but Tesla had no such affiliation in their system. The discount is disappointingly minimal but they did retroactively apply it since we took delivery.

No dashcam discount. Grr.

7. PatD

PatD Member

I don't have a Tesla (yet), but asked my Allstate girl today what the numbers would look like. $4k for a year. I'll be switching. . . Have a quote from USAA for a little more (Like $20/mo more?) than what my 2006 TL is costing me now.

8. Atebit

Atebit Member

Thanks! This may save me some legwork as I currently have USAA. They seem to have the best rates based on the replies (understanding that MMMV).

9. CHGolferJim

CHGolferJim Member

Haven't asked USAA about Tesla rates yet, but our family experience with them for 30 years for almost all of our insurance has been so positive that I rarely get alternative quotes. Tesla-level customer service, fast claim processing, and rebate checks!

10. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

USAA may not be cheapest but they provide good service and don't think you have to worry about getting taken care of should you need it.

11. rjpryan

rjpryan Member

In Pittsburgh... I checked with Allstate yesterday, and they quoted $266/month ($3200/year). Geico was between $82-$90/month depending on options, and State Farm was $120-$144/month.

12. Newscutter

Newscutter Member

Wow. I guess you're not going to be in "good hands"! Where are they coming up with that number?!?
    My impression of the "state" companies (Allstate/State Farm) is less than favorable... so just as well they're pricing themselves out of the market.

13. rjpryan

rjpryan Member

Yeah, I don't know. They're completely nuts. So far I have been most impressed with Geico locally while researching options — the representative actually knew what a Tesla Model S was without asking me "who makes Tesla, is it a Toyota?" Geesh.

14. PatD

PatD Member

I'm doing the same research. Be sure to search Geico on this site - a few people have had issues. So far I'm leaning towards USAA.