TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

PA Farmshow Complex

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by fryfrye, Jan 4, 2014.

1. fryfrye

fryfrye Member

Anyone know if there are any official charging spots at the PA farms show complex? I'd like to head up next weekend, but Im not certain if Haggerstown will be open and it would put me at the edge of my range for a round-trip. Plug Share shows nothing nearby (walking distance).

J

2. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

Going Jan. 4 to 11 ? check this out DEP's Award-Winning Exhibit Returns to the Farm Show -- HARRISBURG, Pa., Jan. 2, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --

So they'll be a charging station there for people to "experience charging an electric vehicle" and they partnered with Nissan to bring a Leaf for people to "play with charging." Sounds like fun! (not). I guess that means you can't use it....

3. fryfrye

fryfrye Member

Yeah... so I got an email back from the Farm Show Complex -- the Good news, they have "a significant number" of Camper hook-ups (assume 14-50s) --- Bad news, they charge $40.00 per day. Trying to see if I can get them to do an EV rate... or maybe I can pull my Tesla in next to that Leaf...

4. yobigd20

That's kinda funny actually. $40 to fill my last car up would have been a 50% discount. lol

5. yobigd20

I'd double check those camper hookups.

When it comes to RV’s hookups, you typically have three choices:

•120V/15Amp (NEMA 5-15 plug, standard 3-prong plug) on very small campers
    •120V/30Amp (TT-30 plug) on most campers and small motorhomes
    •240V/50Amp (NEMA 14-50 plug) on most fifth wheels and Class A motorhomes

Obviously you could use the 5-15s (won't fully charge your car enough though in the time frame you need it do) or the 14-50s, but if it's that TT-30 plug, the 10-30 and 14-30 adapters won't work on those.

At least that's what I know about it. I'm not the RV guru here. I looked at them recently (RV campgrounds) when I was going to take a trip and may have needed to stop at campgrounds to charge but I ended up not going so I can't confirm whether my research there is correct in terms of receptacles and our adapters. I also don't know what is more prevalent - the 30A or 50A connections...