Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PA/NJ Delivery Delays

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else hearing from their SC about delays in delivery for Pennsylvania, NJ (or Mid-Atlantic states)?

My original delivery was set for today at 11 AM. Got notification on Saturday to get ready for the delivery. Then, 5 minutes later, a text explaining I needed to reschedule the delivery to 12/29. I called and SC explained car was delayed due to Midwest snowstorm. Car was in NJ and just waiting for truck to pick up - should be picked up and delivered Sunday.

I called first thing this moring because they said if it was delivered on Sunday, they would get me in today (I already planned to be off work today). They said the car is still in the railyard in NJ, and now won't be delivered until tomorrow. They will let me know later, but are almost certain I won't be able to deliver tomorrow either. Will need to reschedule for the 30th.

:( - I get the delays, but I don't like postponing one day at a time. I have a job and can't just pick up on a whim to drive 3 hours to get the car. Here's hoping the truck picks the cars up soon.

It sounds like there are a lot of cars in this railyard waiting pickup, so I thought I'd check here to see if anyone else in the group is in the same situation?

I feel your pain. Fed ex has had my cashiers checks floating around since December 23. I have had to reschedule delivery three times. If the check doesn’t get here today I’m afraid they will not hold the car any longer.

So sorry to hear that. Here in PA, FedEx is ALWAYS late with their deliveries. Very frustrating and I wish you could choose not to use them. I really wish there was more communication from SC to buyer during this process - or if there could be an automated delivery tracker, that would be awesome! Glad we only have to go through this part one time! The highs and lows are overwhelming (from text to text to email that comes in).

I'm in Nj, ordered 10/25 and my delivery date has been moved 3 times, once 1 hour before I was supposed to go pick it up. Supposedly my car is in princeton ready to pick up today. Let's see.

Have you had any updates with you delivery? Might be a little early to ask that.

just got home! Had an amazing day. Saw almost 200 Tesla’s at the local SC. They expect to deliver 200 today and tomorrow. There still waiting for cars from Jersey for Thursday.
Here are a couple pics I got today. Spent most of the day behind the wheel.

Attachments

• 3E33CD56-3739-44AF-85E0-525852F22640.jpeg
    3E33CD56-3739-44AF-85E0-525852F22640.jpeg
    707.2 KB · Views: 78
  • A547C997-B13F-47BE-831B-3B99637C6D74.jpeg
    A547C997-B13F-47BE-831B-3B99637C6D74.jpeg
    567.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Love
Reactions: Tholland
I'm in Nj, ordered 10/25 and my delivery date has been moved 3 times, once 1 hour before I was supposed to go pick it up. Supposedly my car is in princeton ready to pick up today. Let's see.
Same story. I ordered 10/29. The original delivery date was 12/12 and was moved 3 times. Now I'm supposed to pick it up tomorrow.

All SC's in NJ are extremely busy because of the rebate expiring and year end push, they are delivering close to 100 cars a day at each SC (Paramus, Springfield, Princeton, Cherry Hill). I had a similar experience, ordered on 12/14 original delivery was scheduled for 12/22 then got a message on 12/18 saying the delivery will be pushed out to 12/24. On 12/22 got a text stating the car was in Princeton and I could pick it up in the afternoon. Just an hour before pickup time I got a call stating the car had steering wheel problems and they cannot sell the car. Fortunately they were able to locate a matching car in Paramus and it was quicker if I went to Paramus for the car rather than wait for them to get it delivered to Princeton. Eventually that is what I did.

Overall there weren't major issues with the car and they are great cars so enjoy it and have fun