TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

PA Rebate Program

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by Geo7121, Sep 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Geo7121

Geo7121 New Member

Bad news...found out yesterday while applying for my PA rebate that the MS no longer qualifies. PA Rebates now only apply to cars under $50k and you must meet income guidelines: Alternative Fuel Vehicles

2. john pane

john pane Member

Pretty sure the low-income requirement only applies to the low-income qualification route for used vehicles. The indenting on that page is off, making this less clear.

3. Cirrus MS100D

Cirrus MS100D Member

Oh wow?! I just deposited our $1750 check the other day (thank you, kind sir and fellow PA taxpaying resident for that...)

Do you suppose there is a chance of the vehicle was bought before 9/1 that you may still have a chance? (The wording doesn’t make it seem like that, unfortunately.)

TBF, I didn’t even think this rebate even existed when we bought our S in August, so I was shocked when we got the check, but I can also understand why they want to put a price cap. Maybe some lucky Model 3 owners will snag it?

4. Cirrus MS100D

Cirrus MS100D Member

No, it’s not that - the very first line now says that after 9/1 that new VEHICLES over $50k are no longer eligible.

5. john pane

john pane Member

I was not talking about that. I was talking about the following, which does not apply to new cars.

6. RWerksman

RWerksman Member

I'm so glad I found this thread. I'm purchasing a CPO Model S (one prior owner) for a bit under $50k and it's an unexpected cherry on top!

Going through the process of submitting the application now, and I can absolutely confirm that it's the low income portion is NOT needed when the car is registered in Allegheny, Armstrong, Bucks, Butler, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, Philadelphia, Washington, or Westmoreland counties. It's clear as day when filling out the application and uploading documentation.

7. nitram26

nitram26 Member

what responsibility does Tesla have with this? We just purchased a MX and the design center still has this shown with part of the savings when we bought the car. obviously this is misleading and is a incentive to buying the car and its definitely more then 50k. now that we already signed papers and assumed this would be an extra incentive..

8. futurem3owner

futurem3owner 2017 90D

I was arguing with the person in charge of PA rebate program recently stating that I purchased my S90D in August and didn't have it delivered until September 9. So, there was no way for me know that the rules would change in September to exclude rebate on cars over 50K. Her argument was that since I took delivery in September, there was nothing she could do, which is just BS. She was saying that Model 3's will get the incentive but by the time people get a chance to order them, the rebate program would most likely be closed.

9. Cirrus MS100D

Cirrus MS100D Member

This does seem incredibly silly to have them make this change with virtually no warning. I could understand if they gave 90 or even 60 days’ notice that the terms and conditions will be changing, but this seems like it was just kicked out the door when they posted the new PDF on 9/1.

I wouldn’t hold Tesla responsible for this- this is squarely in PAs court. FWIW, when we went to visit the store in King of Prussia prior to a test drive and order, they were under the impression there was NO PA rebate as of April (they were under the impression the funds had run dry.) It was only after we took delivery that the paperwork for the rebate was in our folder and I confirmed with a friend who had recently bought a Volt. (His GM dealership also told him, full stop, “there is no EV rebate in PA.” It’s not like PA does a great job of promoting it.)

10. jjh1234

jjh1234 Member

I think there was a brief time in a April that funds were low. This is when the rebate was reduced from $2000 to $1750.