Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PA Safety Inspection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my M3 a few weeks ago, and I need to get the PA Safety inspection, which is such a weird concept, to get a brand new car inspected. I don't have a regular mechanic since I've traditionally had newer cars and just service them at the dealer. Does anyone have any recommendations for a decent place to get the safety inspection in the Malvern, West Chester, Downingtown areas? I was debating just going to a quick lube place, but am hesitant since there are specific ways to lift Tesla's.

Just curious what others have done since it's a common problem for PA people?

I've had my M3 inspections done a Meineke and NTB. However, it varies shop to shop. NTB in Harrisburg flat out refused to schedule an appointment, not wanting to lift it, but Mechanicsburg had no problem lifting it and there was another M3 there when I was.

I just moved from West Chester; I got my first inspection done at Curtis Automotive on West Chester Pike. Last time I got it at United Tire and Service on Westtown Road. Both handled it fine.

I'm in Coatesville/East Fallowfield now so if anyone has any suggestions for ME, I'd appreciate it (c:

I grew up in Delco but have been in NJ for the last 40 yrs. I think about moving back to PA after I retire, but the inspection nonsense is one reason I won't. Even tax-loving NJ realized there's no reason to inspect a new car, so new cars got a 4 or 5 yr reprieve. Then they finally admitted that cars are so reliable these days, there's no point in inspecting them for safety, so they only need an emissions test. Of course an EV doesn't even need that - I love having a windshield without a single sticker on it.

I know it has been a while - but has anyone found a reliable/safe place to do simple things like inspections and Winter tires on/off near the Danville, PA/Lewisburg, PA/Bloomsburg, PA area? There are hundreds of Teslas in the area (Geisinger?) and I can't imagine all of you drive 2 hours to Lancaster to get simple service done,....any verified experience would be greatly appreciated here in Central PA (1 Hour out of State College).