TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

PA state inspection (south central PA)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by T3SLA90D, Feb 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. T3SLA90D

T3SLA90D Member

Hi fellow Pennsylvania owners, anyone knows a state inspection place in south central PA around York, Lancaster or Harrisburg that is familiar with doing inspection on a Tesla? I went to Jiffy lube in York and they have never seen a Tesla before and they’re not comfortable doing the inspection on it. Thanks in advance.

2. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

#2 SMAlset, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    Not from your area, but have you asked your local Tesla SvC (Devon) if someone could recommend a few places closer to you.

3. T3SLA90D

T3SLA90D Member

Yea thank you for the suggestion. I did but they recommended someone in their area which is about 2 h drive from me.

4. fasteddie7

fasteddie7 Member

There's a Firestone near the Wexford service center that had a good relationship with us owners. Road trip!

5. SMAlset

SMAlset Active Member

#5 SMAlset, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    @T3SLA90D, I saw this thread that was started a while back in the Community area's North America/Mid-Atlantic section. Might give you some ideas of other places or maybe this thread for central PA inspections could be moved there (I reported and suggested this). Always nice to get recommendations from those owners in the immediate area. Sorry the Devon SvC wasn't able to give you any closer sources.

Inspection in SE PA?

Another suggestion would be the Delaware - Maryland - Pennsyvania Tesla owners club area on here: Del-Mar-PA Tesla Motor Car Club | Tesla Motors Club

• Like x 1
  6. Jashev

Jashev Supporting Member

I use Forest Hills Auto, 285 Winterstown Road, Red Lion, PA 17356, 717-246-3434. They do my inspections and tire rotations. They've worked on my Tesla's for over a year with no issues. Knows how to lift them properly. Gets my highest, unqualified recommendation.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  7. T3SLA90D

T3SLA90D Member

That’s actually very close. Thanks