Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PA Turnpike Superchargers coming (a theory)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Separate threads would be great. It’s very difficult to keep up with multiple construction sites in one thread.

I agree.

Also, the threads continue to be useful after construction has finished, so it'd just get more and more difficult to track updates.

However, in the case of the turnpike style Supercharger locations (generally one in each direction), it may make sense to have a single thread for both.

Reactions: Big Earl
I agree.

Also, the threads continue to be useful after construction has finished, so it'd just get more and more difficult to track updates.

However, in the case of the turnpike style Supercharger locations (generally one in each direction), it may make sense to have a single thread for both.
Agreed! I started this thread to discuss a theory which is panning out.

There will be 7-10 PA TP locations depending on how we define the two ways. At this point, only 3-4 are truly confirmed.

The map is lacking some nuance. Hickory Run will be 16 superchargers, not 8. 8 northbound only, 8 southbound only.

I agree.

Agreed - one thread can serve a north and south pair, but there should be two pins on supercharge.info (like the NJ turnpike and CT locations currently are).

Would love to see SCs at both Somerset plazas. I'm not a fan of the current off-turnpike location behind the Wendy's.
won't somebody please think of the Wendys?! Junior Bacon Frosty!
I stopped here a few times, even before I had a tesla, 2014 maybe?

As for the one along the turnpike, I didn't get to stop, but the pedestals are up, and a fence around the site.

won't somebody please think of the Wendys?! Junior Bacon Frosty!
I stopped here a few times, even before I had a tesla, 2014 maybe?

As for the one along the turnpike, I didn't get to stop, but the pedestals are up, and a fence around the site.
I'm always game for Frosty and JBC, but you still can't get inside to use the restroom. I've been stopping at the turnpike plaza for restroom then wendy's for charging, and usually skip ordering anything since I don't want to take longer to wait in drive through line first.

Moderator note: Per discussion / report, split off discussion for specific Supercharger sites into these threads:

Bruce.

Two more for splitting off

To be consistent, it'd probably be best if the two Somerset locations were merged together into the same thread.

Disagree. I made separate threads because they are completely separate from one another, unlike Hickory Run. Getting from one to the other would take over an hour and wouldn't normally be done. Construction at North much further along.