Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update 1-6-2016

Night time pictures but still bright enough to see what's going on. Lots of progress made. Looks like PP&L has completed everything on their end so its only a matter of how quickly the contractor can complete the rest of the installation. Most wiring looks to be in place. Best case scenario in my opinion is either online or testing by the end of the week assuming they don't have any issues with inspection scheduling. Worst case scenario being 3 weeks? I'll keep checking.

IMG_1590.JPG
IMG_1591.JPG
IMG_1592.JPG
IMG_1593.JPG

EVSteve, thanks for the update! As a new model S owner it's fascinating to "watch" the Supercharger infrastructure installation process. We took a trip down to D.C. our first weekend with the car and used the Newark, Delaware supercharger but that's been our only experience. Looking forward to using Allentown on one of our future trips to visit the in-laws in NJ.

The updated supercharger map has a Harrisburg area gray "coming soon" marker, same as this location which we know is actually coming soon. I'm still hoping there's a permit somewhere no one has picked up on yet. There are only so many places I can visit up and down I-95 :)
(Already been Maine to Georgia in our MS.)

I think that's a little overly optimistic. They've still got to install the equipment into the grey cabinet. And since it looks like everything is ready except for that, I bet they are waiting on parts, which doesn't bode well for this being finished soon.

I wonder when we will start seeing those nice thin liquid cooled cables.

This baby looks almost ready to turn on and start testing. All the stands are buttoned up and the enclosure looks basically completed.

... View attachment 106944 ...

Thanks for the pictures.

Those big black cables in this will connect 480V AC from the transformers on the pole to the grey distribution cabinet. The horizontal, bars that the cables will be connected to are from top to bottom, the three 480V power phases, neutral, and ground. The big plate between neutral and ground is the service-entrance, single-point connection of neutral to ground. The meter under the plastic bag will be a CT (current transformer) meter.

These last connections can happen in a day or less. After that the last tests need to be done by Tesla Supercharger Techs with a Tesla Model S before the site can be commissioned. All of this could take from days to months, but is usually less than weeks.

Good Luck!

EVSteve, many thanks for posting pictures. Nice to see the stands all buttoned up.

- - - Updated - - -

The last picture of the transformers ( #386 ) did not have the high voltage connected to the fuses on the pole or the 480v lines connected to the transformers.

can the liquid cooled ones also heat? These thick cables are hard as heck to bend in the PA cold.

Unless they are thin enough to be more flexible anyway...

On the Tesla 2016 map, I think I see Harrisburg, and the Williamsport or I80 area.