Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
can the liquid cooled ones also heat? These thick cables are hard as heck to bend in the PA cold.

Unless they are thin enough to be more flexible anyway...

On the Tesla 2016 map, I think I see Harrisburg, and the Williamsport or I80 area.

You're right... there's a big hole between Hagerstown - Binghamton I81... came back the other day and had to emergency charge (because of the strong winds) at Sheetz in Mechanicsburg/Harrisburgh (the one on Carlisle Pike). Been able to add couple of % but the L3 charger stopped when I was at 75% SoC... was hoping to get an almost full charge to be able to get to Binghamton but was forced instead to longer my trip to Tannersville to top up... at least I had enough juice to get to Syracuse instead of Binghamton...

Harrisburgh is at a «do it now» status...

If we have a meet up I'd be willing to help anyone install or show show them how I installed the external EZpass transponder under my nose cone. I tried the transponder out a couple of days ago when we drove my son to JFK, it worked without issue at all of the toll plazas. I have a couple of small suction cups that I purchased from Harbor Freight, I have spare automotive tape, and I have extra zip ties. The whole process was pretty simple.

Rick,
The SC will install the external transponder in the nosecone for you. I had mine installed when I picked up the car, and it's worked flawlessly for me since I got it. the metal behind the nosecode will act as a good ground plane reflector for the antenna in the tag (just like the car bumper does for the license plate mounting position it was intended for).

Looking forward to the meetup, but as a worst case, I have a meeting in Bethlehem on 2/2, so I hope it's up and running by then.

Syd

The updated supercharger map has a Harrisburg area gray "coming soon" marker, same as this location which we know is actually coming soon. I'm still hoping there's a permit somewhere no one has picked up on yet. There are only so many places I can visit up and down I-95 :)
(Already been Maine to Georgia in our MS.)

That gray dot has been there since 2012 on the coming next year map.

Ok, so here's the plan. We go find a rarely used or area with too many super chargers. California looks like a good place.

We get some electricians, trailers, and some type of a distraction.

we roll up, um, move some chargers, and drop them near Harrisburg, PA.

whos in?!

A better plan. Tesla hires someone to manage SuperCharger manufacture, distribution, and site acquisition management who can get the job done on time. Take a few electrical engineers, put them in a room to design a unitized SC< Set aside an unused space in Fremont and create an assembly line to assemble the transformer/distribution room on permanent mounts ready to be set on a concrete pad and connected as a single unit (or double unit) to a 4 station sub unit that can expand to two 4 unit subs that again only need to be set on a concrete strip foundation. All electrical could be contained in steel conduit and bolted together on site with minimal electrical connections ready to fasten. Ship it on a few long semi-trailers. And pursue agreements with several of the truckstop chains for sites. Easily do another 500 x 4 chargers in a year.

SabrTooth. I am desperate for a Harrisburg SC, as I live in upstate NY and often travel south. And, co-incidentally, I am presently in SF, CA. And I will be touring through the TESLA plant in Fremont on Wednesday afternoon. I'd be happy to grab a couple of superchargers, shove them into my carry-on bag (I don't ever check bags), and bring them back East. I can then drive them down to Harrisburg (I will be driving there Sunday evening), and would be happy to drop them off where ever you would like in H'burg. You will have to find the electricians for the install. Sounds like a plan, right? :smile: