Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow that Morning Call editor is really asleep at the wheel "Twenty minutes gets 120 volts, and the juice is free."

Probably written by a teenager. The beginning of the article is full of snark as well.

Edit: That being said, I would have hoped that any teenager would know that any standard power outlet in the U.S. will output 120 volts immediately.

Last edited:
I can do Monday no problem. Anyone else coming? I'll be the tall guy with the spiked hair an a Tesla polo. I'm only a few miles away. House can charge up to 3 Teslas at the same time for anyone who wants to go.
I am hoping to make it, but work's been pretty crazy, so not sure if it'll be practical. I'm more than a few miles away, but within round-trip range, so no charge needed, thanks!

Been 2 weeks since approval - any signs of construction? painfully slow process. ouch.

I live in bethlhem only a few miles away. I drove around 2 days ago, saw nothing. My guess is it will be near Barnes and Noble like Hamilton. There are 2 very large green transformer boxes already in the parking lot. I will keep you posted.

EB
Model S P85. #1201

I live in bethlhem only a few miles away. I drove around 2 days ago, saw nothing. My guess is it will be near Barnes and Noble like Hamilton. There are 2 very large green transformer boxes already in the parking lot. I will keep you posted.

EB
Model S P85. #1201

I am hoping the crew that just finished up in Edison NJ will be hitting Allentown next. I have no special inside information, but I have a lot of hope!

Eric

Those transformer boxes are scattered around the entire mall perimeter. Per the township meeting the location is along Grape St near Red Lobster. Near B&N is a place likely to be Iced as parking levels frequently extend into that area. There are paving construction vehicles at the north end but they're probably not related to the SC installation. There is however a main feeder pole running along that section of the property which would give PP&L a cheap pull for additional power required by the SC. Other positions would likely require cutting & trenching through pavement to increase service. It's an old mall. I'll ask my friend at PP&L if he can dig anything up for us.

"Hozza provided some additional details after the workshop.

He said the station will be built between Grape Street and the road that encircles the mall. It will be just west of the roadway that connects the Lehigh Valley and Whitehall malls at Grape Street.

The mayor said only Tesla’s electric cars will be able to use the charging station.

But he predicted more and more charging stations will be cropping up near shopping centers in the future – some of them solar powered.

Hozza said PPL will supply electrical power to operate Whitehall’s Tesla station.

He said he does not know how soon the station will be built, but added he would not be surprised “if they somehow pull off a miracle and get it up before Black Friday” – Nov. 28."

Red arrow = B&N
Blue arrow = appx Red Lobster
Orange Box = construction vehicles and PPL feeder likely SC spot

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 581
Last edited:
No activity yet

Any updates on this SuperCharger? After all the publicity 2 weeks ago about their approval, it has gone very, very quiet...

Took a spin down there yesterday to return a FLIR at the Apple store. No activity yet. Though they did clean up the parking area at the north. Fingers crossed.

Yes I would love to hear a status from somebody onsite, I have a trip to NYC at the end of the month, and this would make my route so much simpler.

It's no SC but the HPWC at my place will charge faster than the one at KOP due to the voltage difference (208V at KOP vs 248V at my house. You're welcome to it anytime and will straight shot you to Edison down I-78.

It's no SC but the HPWC at my place will charge faster than the one at KOP due to the voltage difference (208V at KOP vs 248V at my house. You're welcome to it anytime and will straight shot you to Edison down I-78.

Thanks EVSteve! I may just drop down south through Hagerstown and pick up the SCs on I-95. It is completely out of the way, but with no SpC on I-80 in PA, and without an SpC in Carlisle/Harrisburg and Allentown, eastward travel from Pittsburgh is a bit dicey. I wish the Devon SC was getting an SpC as was rumored, that would improve things a bit, though you can barely make that from Somerset in an S85.