Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Returned to Allentown charger today. Charger 1A would not engage to charge. Tried 3A, with car in 3B. Only got 8 kW. Did not improve after 5 minutes. Moved to 1B with 1A not occupied. Started at 80 kW. I don’t need much of a charge but it seems like this SC does not have anything like the posted 120 kW.

I got really good rates in two stops in September. I don't remember which stalls I was at:

From Teslafi (the average is more accurate than 'Max')

upload_2019-10-1_19-21-10.png

upload_2019-10-1_19-22-10.png

I'm currently plugged unpaired into 2B, only getting 20kW. [EDIT: I started with 28% SOC.] This is after trying some other stalls and getting 3kW and 12kW. I spoked to a local who says it has been reported. I will send an email to Tesla support as well.

In the meantime, can we get this marked as reduced service on supercharge.info @BlueShift? I am on a road trip and would not have come this way if I had seen it as such. Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm currently plugged unpaired into 2B, only getting 20kW. [EDIT: I started with 28% SOC.] This is after trying some other stalls and getting 3kW and 12kW. I spoked to a local who says it has been reported. I will send an email to Tesla support as well.

Update: By the time I left last night around 9:00 PM, NONE of the stalls were providing any power.There was one other car trying to charge. Between the two of us, we tried all of the stalls and none of them charged at all.

Fortunately, it had given me enough charge to make it to Rockaway NJ, which was not at all convenient, but I didn't have any choice.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Crazy question but has anyone reported this to Tesla?

I reported it via email to [email protected] and via the web form on my Tesla account. I used to call the tech support number for every supercharger issue I encountered, but stopped about a year ago after wait times went through the roof.

A local I talked to said they reported it several days ago, but I didn't press him for specifics.

Reactions: GlmnAlyAirCar
Update: By the time I left last night around 9:00 PM, NONE of the stalls were providing any power.There was one other car trying to charge. Between the two of us, we tried all of the stalls and none of them charged at all.

Fortunately, it had given me enough charge to make it to Rockaway NJ, which was not at all convenient, but I didn't have any choice.

For ANYONE:: day or night 24/7 if you run into this situation text me. 484-505-9957 I live 7 miles up the road and my HPWC + 2 GE watt stations are outside. The HPWC is max amps (breaker at 100A). It’s no SC but if Allentown is dead it’s dead. I had the house on PlugShare before the superchargers came online but unlisted it as there was no longer a need.

For ANYONE:: day or night 24/7 if you run into this situation text me. 484-505-9957 I live 7 miles up the road and my HPWC + 2 GE watt stations are outside. The HPWC is max amps (breaker at 100A). It’s no SC but if Allentown is dead it’s dead. I had the house on PlugShare before the superchargers came online but unlisted it as there was no longer a need.

You are awesome! But maybe you should relist it on PlugShare. There was actually a poor guy who rolled in with something like 9 miles remaining while I was there. He was a new owner and I showed him the PlugShare app and how to find chargers with it, but there was nothing he could use nearby (and he didn't have his j-1772 adapter with him.)

You are awesome! But maybe you should relist it on PlugShare. There was actually a poor guy who rolled in with something like 9 miles remaining while I was there. He was a new owner and I showed him the PlugShare app and how to find chargers with it, but there was nothing he could use nearby (and he didn't have his j-1772 adapter with him.)

I would list it again but these days Plugshare is less accommodating to my request to have it listed as a public location. They look at the address and insist it be listed as a home charger. Technically they’re not wrong and I understand their reasons but most people filter home listings as the majority are inside or inaccessible.

Reactions: Whiteblaze
I don't know if it's been addressed yet, but I couldn't resist :)

Well we’re trying to charge in Allentown
But the supercharger seems to be down
Cause I plugged it in and gave it time
Thought it would start, hoped it was fine

It went up to ten K watts but no more
Then it quickly tapered down to just four.
Then it went on down to zero
Tried another stall, also no-go.

So we’re waiting here in Allentown
And the restlessness is handed down
And we really don’t want to stay-ay ay ay

Well we’re trying to charge in Allentown
And we don’t want to be hanging around.
All those promises that Tesla gave
Using less gas, planet we’ll save

So the toll free number hangs on the stall
But it never really helps us at all
Cause we call it and are put on hold
“You’re call is important”, that’s all we’re told

And we’re sitting here in Allentown
But the other cars are traveling around
They just gas them up and drive away-ay ay ay

Every Tesla has a pretty good shot
To get at least as far as their next charge spot
But something happened on the way to that place
They threw a broken supercharger in our face- hey, hey, hey, oh oh.

Well I’m trying to charge in Allentown
And it’s hard to keep a good man down
But I won’t be getting home today-ay ay ay
Cause I’m trying to charge in Allentown.

I was at Allentown SC a bit ago. Charging only got up to 16 kW. Couldn’t wait for the hour or more charging time to get to my destination. I got 9 miles in 10 minutes, enough to safely get to Basking Ridge SC. While driving I call Tesla 800#. After 30 minute wait I reported repeated charging issues at Allentown. Sounds like the issue has been reported. But no information on when or when it was to be resolved. Until I have a good experience at that SC I will not rely on it being a critical charging location in my travels. (currently at 138 kW at Basking Ridge)

Hey, all. I’m headed up that way and I’ve been keeping an eye on this thread. I put in the destination today to see where I’d have to stop if I left with 77% battery (Thats about where I’ll get to leave with). I got this message when I did so.
Hopefully this means they’re fixing it.

Can anyone in that area go and see if they’re working on it? Hopefully it’s fine by next Friday when we’re headed up

Attachments

• 88096D72-D277-4BB7-96FE-C6A782F863D0.jpeg
    88096D72-D277-4BB7-96FE-C6A782F863D0.jpeg
    980.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Informative
Reactions: mociaf9