Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pacific Northwest Owners (Seattle, Portland, or towns/cities in the region)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got full front PPF done at Advanced. Super happy with their work. Curious about why you went with ceramic coating. Do they protect from rock chips?
Advanced is good and reasonably priced. I avoid PPF as it’s too expensive and has to be replaced when dinged or if the car is in an accident. Double expense. Ceramic coating is more for shine, scratch prevention and dirt/water rejection.

Reactions: Thadar
Hello fellow PNW Tesla owners :)
Just jumping in this thread for the first time.
I had requested to join the TMC "Seattle Area Tesla Club" Group, but membership has been awaiting approval for a week or two IIRC. Is that an active group or do most just post in these threads regarding meetups?
I have never been to one but am interested in going.

I've also got some left over items from our Model 3 that we traded in that I'm sure someone could put to use. Precut PPF that I never finished installing after doing one door 🤣 and I think I still have a wireless HUB for those with an older model without. Just need to gather it all up.
I could sell, but thought I'd help out a local owner. 🤟

Reactions: jebinc
Did that yesterday, only one of them though - too cold to do both! 27 degrees here this morning! Brrrrrrrrr
Yeah, I am a bit concerned owning two Teslas now and attempting to keep them clean. I used to take our Model 3 through the touchless car wash, but after getting full body wraps, I've decided to try and stick to hand washes.
Have a gas powered pressure washer, my last remaining gas powered device. Need to get a less powerful electric (quiet and easy) one and just sometimes maybe give them a good quick pressure wash.

Yeah, I am a bit concerned owning two Teslas now and attempting to keep them clean. I used to take our Model 3 through the touchless car wash, but after getting full body wraps, I've decided to try and stick to hand washes.
Have a gas powered pressure washer, my last remaining gas powered device. Need to get a less powerful electric (quiet and easy) one and just sometimes maybe give them a good quick pressure wash.

Yes, I have an inexpensive electric power washer and foam cannon from Harbor Freight. Works great. Also have an electric leaf blower, for drying! @GroovaEV @WilliamG

Reactions: WilliamG
The sun ☀️ is out today; enjoy it while it lasts, all! :)

In La Nina years the falls are usually dry with the wet and cold weather starting in January. This year is unusual with the wet fall. The remaining part of this year might be dry and cold. We'll see.

Here in the Portland area we have east winds out of the Gorge today. The one weather phenomenon I really hate living here...

Hello fellow PNW Tesla owners :)
Just jumping in this thread for the first time.
I had requested to join the TMC "Seattle Area Tesla Club" Group, but membership has been awaiting approval for a week or two IIRC. Is that an active group or do most just post in these threads regarding meetups?
I have never been to one but am interested in going.

I've also got some left over items from our Model 3 that we traded in that I'm sure someone could put to use. Precut PPF that I never finished installing after doing one door 🤣 and I think I still have a wireless HUB for those with an older model without. Just need to gather it all up.
I could sell, but thought I'd help out a local owner. 🤟

I don't know ho active the Seattle group is, the Portland group is fairly active. We've been on a few group drives and I host one every year. I've been to a few other events too. They are fun and can be informative.

I bought an electric power washer that requires a 20 amp outlet to work. I plug it in from the laundry room. It does a pretty good job.

For washing the car I don't use it though. I use the two bucket method that is common in California. Fill one 5 gal bucket with car wash and some micro fiber towels (I buy bulk packs on Amazon), then have another bucket with plain water. Wash one part of the car, then dry it with a dry towel, throw the used towels in the clean water bucket. If you want to stick up the laundry room you can wash the towels afterwards. My partner complained about the smell of the car wash solution so I toss the washing clothes, but wash the drying cloths (they don't smell much).

It takes about an hour to wash the car, but only uses 10 gallons of water (plus whatever the washing machine uses).

Reactions: jebinc