Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pacific Northwest Owners (Seattle, Portland, or towns/cities in the region)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First-time owner checking in from Renton Higlands 👋

765A31D8-B200-47E9-A9A8-37ED23BA6AF5.jpeg

I need to buy new tires so I'm curious what everyone likes, seems to be varying opinions. I'm looking for some all seasons, last I checked the options for 19" wheels are pretty limited and a lot where on backorder.
I’m running 19” Continental ProContact RX all seasons on my Plaid and MYP, and love the comfort and performance.

I need to buy new tires so I'm curious what everyone likes, seems to be varying opinions. I'm looking for some all seasons, last I checked the options for 19" wheels are pretty limited and a lot where on backorder.
Since I use my MYLR on rough roads/fire roads etc sometimes, and my driveway is rough as well, I opted for the MPP lift with 18" TSW Clypse and Nokian WR G4 245/60R18. Very happy with this setup so far. I will admit tho, that when the snow in my driveway got well over a foot deep, I opted to break out the 4runner than risk my new MY. When the snow wasnt quite as deep I did drive it in the snow and it did great.

Had 19" Conti ProContact RX on my '18 M3LR. Tires were fine except in freezing and some wet conditions. Low noise, meh/decent life, but found them slick in the rain. Averaged 250 Wh/mi over 35k miles.

Currently running Conti ExtremeContact DWS06+ on my '21 M3P. Very happy, but only 500mi on them. Less noise than Michelin PS A/S4s (had to replace after 3 weeks due to puncture and national back order...sigh...) with similar dry and wet performance - and I drive them hard. Managed to get around in the snow up in the Lynnwood area, but definitely wouldn't make a habit of it. Will switch back to Pilot Sport 4S for summer and tracking. DWS06+ and A/S4 average 330-350 Wh/mi (but lead foot, so, yeah). Similar on PS4S.

Reactions: 1965Falcon
Hello to all you Pacific Northwest Owners ("PNO") out there! :)

I thought I would start a thread for all PNOs; a thread we all of us "locals" could communicate or share information relevant to our region.

Some background - In 2006 I purchased 2006 Mazda MX5 Miata (aka, "NC") and created a similar thread in the leading Miata forum (below). 13 years, and 10,589 member posts later, that thread is still going strong and tops the forum (#1) where it was placed - hence why I decided to create this one (to see if there is similar interest).

Pacific Northwest owners

Similar to that day, back in 2006, the sun out and it's a perfect day to detail and/or drive your Tesla! :cool:

Best to all! :)
There is also this, right here on TMC: Northwest

How's everyone holding up this winter? What tires are you running on you Tesla? All Season, Winter, Summer, other?

When the Goodyear all season that came on the car were showing a lot of wear at 15K and I got a bad flat (repairable, but the plug was pretty big), I switched to Michelin MXMs. I have over 20K on them now and they have held up well. The first winter I had the car we had a pretty good snow storm and I found that the Goodyear all seasons handled amazingly well on snow and ice. There is a spot at the top of our hill that gets treacherous when it snows and the car sailed through that spot with only a tiny fish tail. My partner who has been a rabid Subaru fan fr many years had to admit the Model S was better in snow and ice than her "ratmobile" (her nickname for her car).

I've been happy with the Michelin all seasons I have. Are you looking for rims? People sell them on TMC all the time. I've also seen people in Tesla Owners Oregon (which covers SW Washington too) selling wheels. They're often low miles as someone swapped out custom wheels soon after getting the car.

Since I use my MYLR on rough roads/fire roads etc sometimes, and my driveway is rough as well, I opted for the MPP lift with 18" TSW Clypse and Nokian WR G4 245/60R18. Very happy with this setup so far. I will admit tho, that when the snow in my driveway got well over a foot deep, I opted to break out the 4runner than risk my new MY. When the snow wasnt quite as deep I did drive it in the snow and it did great.

Teslas make great snow cars. The bottom being closed instead of open like an ICE help to slide over pockets of deep snow. Though with lower ground clearance the front end might get packed with snow.

Reactions: jebinc
245/60R18 puts you more than an inch and a half closer to the fenders. Do they clear OK or did you adjust the springs also?