Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pacific NW - Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How has traffic been at the Roadster Charger been?

I charged for a total of 5 hours (charged twice) on Saturday, and no one else was charging at the other stations, nor was there a note on my car.
I had to wait for an hour or so yesterday (Sunday).

I took 3 pictures of the lockbox and 30+ pictures of the "ThortsMD site". When I get some time I'll try to post them. I'm currently still traveling and socializing.

I took 3 pictures of the lockbox
Here's the best of the three:

EllensburgRoadsterAdapterLockbox.jpg

So "installation" means put the box on the ground and tie it to the post with wire? Is anyone else concerned about the lock box getting vandalized in this situation?

That lock would take about 2 seconds to open. I am shocked something that tempting has not yet been vandalized by someone random just to see what is in it. That would not survive with bored teenagers in the area.

So "installation" means put the box on the ground and tie it to the post with wire? Is anyone else concerned about the lock box getting vandalized in this situation?
Wow!

I'm willing to run over there and mount the box on the pole, but apparently there is some sort of a committee that oversees that HPC, and I wouldn't want to run afoul of them.

True, mounting the box will not stop vandalism, but I think it would help. That box laying on the ground is not going to last, sadly.

Wow!

I'm willing to run over there and mount the box on the pole, but apparently there is some sort of a committee that oversees that HPC, and I wouldn't want to run afoul of them.

True, mounting the box will not stop vandalism, but I think it would help. That box laying on the ground is not going to last, sadly.

I find that installation disconcerting too. When it was installed in Centralia it was virtually tamper proof. We drilled holes on the interior so that the anchor bolts could only be accessed from the interior of the box.

That isn't a cheap box either. If the committee already gave it's blessings for its placement, then it seems as if they would want it installed properly and not in such a way that it might be a trip hazard.

With todays additions of Grants Pass and Corning, it looks to me, that we only need one more SC (Mt Shasta) to make BC to BC doable in a 85kW.
We are up to 28 SC in U.S. now.

Per EVTripPlanner it can be done in an 85kW now if climate control use is lite and the speed is kept to 60 or less.

Last edited:
I am not sure where in the warren of folders and sub folders I read this but a SC installer was reported to have said that the SC at Detroit OR was under construction.

I found myself with little to do this PM so I drove there. I arrived with the last glimmer of daylight, plus it was foggy and rainy. So no pictures, sorry.

However I can report that indeed the construction is well underway. The frames for six lanes are in place and power cabinets are being installed.

The site is next to an existing CHAdeMO and level 2 charger on the West end of the village, on a parking lot with a general store. Some cafés are nearby, no chains. Nothing stays open 24/7.

I am not sure where in the warren of folders and sub folders I read this but a SC installer was reported to have said that the SC at Detroit OR was under construction.

I found myself with little to do this PM so I drove there. I arrived with the last glimmer of daylight, plus it was foggy and rainy. So no pictures, sorry.

However I can report that indeed the construction is well underway. The frames for six lanes are in place and power cabinets are being installed.

The site is next to an existing CHAdeMO and level 2 charger on the West end of the village, on a parking lot with a general store. Some cafés are nearby, no chains. Nothing stays open 24/7.
Here?
245 Detroit Ave. N., Detroit, OR, 97342
http://binged.it/1b4tYbX