Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pack Performance and Launch Mode Limits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_5876.JPG

Bummer. Maybe try 100% soc and max battery ready?
Thing is, that will help max power slightly (due to higher voltage), but current limit should be the same - 1600A.
Here's the latest graphs including the new Ludicrous Plus:

At the state of charge I was at I would have gotten over 500Kw if my car was pulling 1600Amps. I provided a lot of the data especially the peak numbers for that orange line in the graph above that @Old Man Mike made.

Last edited:
At the state of charge I was at I would have gotten over 500Kw if my car was pulling 1600Amps. I provided a lot of the data especially the peak numbers for that orange line in the graph above that @Old Man Mike made.

I would not be surprised if the service message included an internal 1500A limit until the problem is corrected. I would not worry about the performance with the temp battery pack.

• Disagree
Reactions: hostman
I would not be surprised if the service message included an internal 1500A limit until the problem is corrected. I would not worry about the performance with the temp battery pack.

This is actually a new pack not a loaner, Tesla wanted to keep my original pack I suspect they want to have the engineers look at it's current state vs the software counters...

Last edited:
I wonder what the "warranty" requirements are for providing a replacement pack/bms that puts out the same amperage as the original.

I know my top of the line new (in June) Tesla car's performance was reduced just 3 months after taking delivery (September) and it hasn't been the same since. I'd expect Tesla to restore my cars full power. I've owned my car with this issue for 5 + months now!

This thread was started due to my initial discovery of the 40HP performance reduction that 8.0 caused which later evolved into 100HP. Thanks to this thread I got 60HP back, now I'd like the 40HP back that started the thread in the first place. I was told I'd get more information on Tuesday.

I know my top of the line new (in June) Tesla car's performance was reduced just 3 months after taking delivery (September) and it hasn't been the same since. I'd expect Tesla to restore my cars full power. I've owned my car with this issue for 5 + months now!

This thread was started due to my initial discovery of the 40HP performance reduction that 8.0 caused which later evolved into 100HP. Thanks to this thread I got 60HP back, now I'd like the 40HP back that started the thread in the first place. I was told I'd get more information on Tuesday.
sweet. I think you should get all your power back. Just wondering how one would know without external tools, when they are getting taken for a ride, so to speak.