Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pack Performance and Launch Mode Limits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
581 is the highest value I've seen yet. Impressive. When was yours built and how many miles on it?

Late Sept 2017 built. Picked up Sept 30th. I had less than 500 miles on it when I got the 581 number. Got it twice in a row with around 95% and 93% SOC with Ludicrous +, Max Battery, Launch Mode.

Just sent you a note on that -- in the works!
@JonMc I recently sent a message through the chain but it hasn't been replied to as yet and I need A/C! As follows:

Goodmorning Service Advisor(SA),

Per our conversation at 8:30am this morning here is a detail of my frustrations with service which have failed to be remedied by Tesla and it's engineers. If these problems don't create a "moat," I don't know what does. I doubt Elon would approve of this and if something isn't done about these issues, I will issue my complaints in the form of an open letter up the chain.

Generation 1 rear Camber Issue:

1) Went in for alignment on 04.25.18 and service advisor in Indianapolis advised right rear cannot be brought into spec because toe link, knuckle and control arm need replacing because they're bent most likely due to a pothole. Was given estimate on invoice number 300000341045 to replace "bent" parts. $1,865.00

2) Filed claim with my insurance company for the pothole to get reimbursed for the damage. Insurance company approved the claim and I will likely have a raise in insurance rates because a pothole counts as a collision where the driver is at fault. Insurance paid out the claim.

3) Service completed by Tesla Indianapolis on 05.04.18. Service experience was great but was advised subsequently that there is no way to get the alignment perfect. Right rear camber is still visibly out of line. SA advised this is a problem with the early Model S cars and that it can only be fixed by installing third party parts. He advised the entire motor has to be dropped and I advised I didn't want to do anything which would risk the powertrain warranty being voided. I currently rotate my tires religiously but I'm only getting around 10,000 miles out of my $1,100 set of 4 21" Continental tires. I would like the camber issue to be remedied so I can get up to 30,000 miles out of my tires. The SC and SA have done their jobs wonderfully and it is not their fault. This is a systemic issue at Tesla which needs to be remedied systemically. I should not have to install third-party components to get a proper alignment which doesn't cause premature wear of my tires due to a camber which is "in spec." I'm definately not the only one having this issue as the SA advised.

DC to DC Converter Fuse:

1) The AC compressor recently went out and blew the fuse in the dc-to-dc converter. I was informed by the service center that replacement of the dc-to-dc converter would cost at least $2,000. In addition.

2) I's likely that the cause of failure for the dc-to-dc converter was the AC compressor. So to replace a $5 fuse in the dc-to-dc converter which blew because the AC compressor went out, it would cost at least $2,000. In addition, when this replacement takes place Tesla will keep the old dc-to-dc converter and send it to be a remanufactured and subsequently sold to another Tesla customer for $1,100 . I understand this is a big money-making opportunity for Tesla but it is creating a lot of ill-will with owners. Why doesn't Tesla make it so this fuse can more easily be replaced by the service center on the Generation 1 dc-to-dc converter? There is a simple answer here. Tesla is making a lot of money to replace this $5 fuse.

3) I have purchased both parts that are used, working and come with a warranty on EBay. Tesla is not willing to fix the problem by redesigning the Generation 1 dc-to-dc converter so the fuses can be easily replaced like the generation 2 dc-to-dc converter. Unfortunately, the generation 2 dc-to-dc converter cannot be installed in the older Tesla's. If you're not going to allow the service center to install used parts that we buy and send our old ones in to be remanufactured so we may replace them in the future then please update the part so we may replace the fuse.

Easy necessary remedies:

Gen 1 Rear Camber Issue:

1) If a 3rd party manufacturer can issue parts to fix the camber issue, so can Tesla.

Gen 1 dc-to-dc converter fuse.

1) Update this part to make the fuses replaceable at the service center without replacing the entire dc-to-dc converter.

Finally, do Tesla owner really have to sue for a right to work on their own cars?
Tesla is working on opening up its service tools and helping owners repair their own cars with replacement parts

I'd really like to install these simple components myself, which are a result of bad engineering, but I don't wan't to void my powertrain warranty or risk any other penalties Tesla may impose on me for installing these simple components. I don't have air conditioning and it's getting really hot out and the battery needs the A/C compressor to cool it during these times. I'M NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER RIGHT NOW. PLEASE HELP JON!

I await your reply and remedy,

Ryan

In addition, when this replacement takes place Tesla will keep the old dc-to-dc converter and send it to be a remanufactured and subsequently sold to another Tesla customer for $1,100

If you are paying for a repair you can request that they return all the old parts to you, they can't keep them. (They could charge a ridiculous core charge, but I haven't heard of them doing that.)

Reactions: davidc18
If you are paying for a repair you can request that they return all the old parts to you, they can't keep them. (They could charge a ridiculous core charge, but I haven't heard of them doing that.)
I will do this for sure because I'll want to have a backup for when they go out again. I want to keep my Tesla for 500,000 miles. I love it and so does my 5 year old daughter!!! But not without A/C!!!!

• Informative
Reactions: davidc18
@JonMc I recently sent a message through the chain but it hasn't been replied to as yet and I need A/C! As follows:

Goodmorning Service Advisor(SA),

Per our conversation at 8:30am this morning here is a detail of my frustrations with service which have failed to be remedied by Tesla and it's engineers. If these problems don't create a "moat," I don't know what does. I doubt Elon would approve of this and if something isn't done about these issues, I will issue my complaints in the form of an open letter up the chain.

Generation 1 rear Camber Issue:

1) Went in for alignment on 04.25.18 and service advisor in Indianapolis advised right rear cannot be brought into spec because toe link, knuckle and control arm need replacing because they're bent most likely due to a pothole. Was given estimate on invoice number 300000341045 to replace "bent" parts. $1,865.00

2) Filed claim with my insurance company for the pothole to get reimbursed for the damage. Insurance company approved the claim and I will likely have a raise in insurance rates because a pothole counts as a collision where the driver is at fault. Insurance paid out the claim.

3) Service completed by Tesla Indianapolis on 05.04.18. Service experience was great but was advised subsequently that there is no way to get the alignment perfect. Right rear camber is still visibly out of line. SA advised this is a problem with the early Model S cars and that it can only be fixed by installing third party parts. He advised the entire motor has to be dropped and I advised I didn't want to do anything which would risk the powertrain warranty being voided. I currently rotate my tires religiously but I'm only getting around 10,000 miles out of my $1,100 set of 4 21" Continental tires. I would like the camber issue to be remedied so I can get up to 30,000 miles out of my tires. The SC and SA have done their jobs wonderfully and it is not their fault. This is a systemic issue at Tesla which needs to be remedied systemically. I should not have to install third-party components to get a proper alignment which doesn't cause premature wear of my tires due to a camber which is "in spec." I'm definately not the only one having this issue as the SA advised.

DC to DC Converter Fuse:

1) The AC compressor recently went out and blew the fuse in the dc-to-dc converter. I was informed by the service center that replacement of the dc-to-dc converter would cost at least $2,000. In addition.

2) I's likely that the cause of failure for the dc-to-dc converter was the AC compressor. So to replace a $5 fuse in the dc-to-dc converter which blew because the AC compressor went out, it would cost at least $2,000. In addition, when this replacement takes place Tesla will keep the old dc-to-dc converter and send it to be a remanufactured and subsequently sold to another Tesla customer for $1,100 . I understand this is a big money-making opportunity for Tesla but it is creating a lot of ill-will with owners. Why doesn't Tesla make it so this fuse can more easily be replaced by the service center on the Generation 1 dc-to-dc converter? There is a simple answer here. Tesla is making a lot of money to replace this $5 fuse.

3) I have purchased both parts that are used, working and come with a warranty on EBay. Tesla is not willing to fix the problem by redesigning the Generation 1 dc-to-dc converter so the fuses can be easily replaced like the generation 2 dc-to-dc converter. Unfortunately, the generation 2 dc-to-dc converter cannot be installed in the older Tesla's. If you're not going to allow the service center to install used parts that we buy and send our old ones in to be remanufactured so we may replace them in the future then please update the part so we may replace the fuse.

Easy necessary remedies:

Gen 1 Rear Camber Issue:

1) If a 3rd party manufacturer can issue parts to fix the camber issue, so can Tesla.

Gen 1 dc-to-dc converter fuse.

1) Update this part to make the fuses replaceable at the service center without replacing the entire dc-to-dc converter.

Finally, do Tesla owner really have to sue for a right to work on their own cars?
Tesla is working on opening up its service tools and helping owners repair their own cars with replacement parts

I'd really like to install these simple components myself, which are a result of bad engineering, but I don't wan't to void my powertrain warranty or risk any other penalties Tesla may impose on me for installing these simple components. I don't have air conditioning and it's getting really hot out and the battery needs the A/C compressor to cool it during these times. I'M NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER RIGHT NOW. PLEASE HELP JON!

I await your reply and remedy,

Ryan

@Tech_Guy, bringing this back on topic... how has the car been?!
Following the 2 updates , the first that restored lost power and the second that further restored the way that max battery mode functioned back to how it was at time of delivery, the car has been great.

Also in November 2017 I got the call from Tesla for my battery upgrade to the 100. So now the car is a P100D with all the bells and whistles like ludicrous plus mode. As part of the upgrade they also installed new / current premium front seats. This was great as it replaced the next gen seats that I had multiple issues with wobbling forward and back when stoping or starting.

Not to say everything has been perfect,” though, recent software updates have ruined the audio quality in the car...

guess there is more power after all.. Tesla is coming out to "uncork" my X 100D.... :)

There isn't more unless you're saying the motor has more max hp and max torque than is being used. fiksegts said he felt the initial acceleration was less than what he felt later. But the power curve doesn't support this. The torque is constant up to the max power.

• Informative
Reactions: Tech_Guy and JRP3