Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Page AZ to Beaver UT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anyone has tried the page Arizona to beaver Utah run please let us know how it went. Around 180 miles curvy roads up-and-down

I just saw on the supercharger.info site that a SC just opened in Page, AZ today. So I looked at my in car Nav and sure enough Tesla shows one there too. I'm guessing you knew that.

In July I drove south from Beaver to Zion via hwy 89 and eventually SC in St George, no problem. I plugged my car into evtripplaner.com and it shows I could make that drive no problem. Also there are hundreds of RV locations on that route, no worries trying to find a place to plug in. The section I drove was very pretty with good road conditions.

If you drive it let us know how it turns out.

Forgot to say, there is good food at the Timberline Resturant. Breakfast until 3pm!

Last edited:
I made the trip from the Page SC to the Beaver SC in my S85 in November. If you drive at the posted speed limit, 65 most of the way, it can be done, but not much safety margin. Since then, I have made another trip and spent the night(starting from Phoenix) in Kanab and charged overnight at a 110v/15A outlet at the hotel, adding 50 miles of range, to remove any range anxiety. From Kanab, you can easily make it to the Beaver SC or the Richfield SC, if you are heading N to SLC or Park City.
It would be really nice if there was a destination charger at a hotel in Kanab or somewhere along Hwy 89 to allow a short stop to add a little extra range, or allow day trips to Zion or Bryce along the way.

I made the trip from the Page SC to the Beaver SC in my S85 in November. If you drive at the posted speed limit, 65 most of the way, it can be done, but not much safety margin. Since then, I have made another trip and spent the night(starting from Phoenix) in Kanab and charged overnight at a 110v/15A outlet at the hotel, adding 50 miles of range, to remove any range anxiety. From Kanab, you can easily make it to the Beaver SC or the Richfield SC, if you are heading N to SLC or Park City.
It would be really nice if there was a destination charger at a hotel in Kanab or somewhere along Hwy 89 to allow a short stop to add a little extra range, or allow day trips to Zion or Bryce along the way.
There is Destination charging in Springdale UT, which is fairly easy from the Page AZ Supercharger station. That is the gateway town for Zion Canyon so it does tend to be crowded. Zion Lodge in the park is reported to have L2 charging. There are also a couple of L2 charge stations at the park visitor's center ($5 for several days use, but it means the visitor's center has to be open to purchase the code) and TT-30 pedestals at many of the campsites in the adjacent campground (for those on a tighter budget, as I am), reservations well in advance required for campsites:

27674620085_b379e5797a_z.jpg

27674620595_e413c69d78_z.jpg

^ Charging on TT-30 at Watchman Campground, Zion National Park.

If anyone has tried the page Arizona to beaver Utah run please let us know how it went. Around 180 miles curvy roads up-and-down

I just did this and I decided to keep some stats to share since there's not a lot of info about this Page to Beaver leg, which was the one section that had me the most worried on my trip from Phoenix to SLC. I have a 2013 P85+ and I charged up to almost full in Page to an estimated 255 mile range. The car showed it as 185 miles, and at the beginning estimated that I would end at 16%. Since I was worried about having range anxiety (not knowing the elevation changes, etc) I decided to go the posted speed limit the whole way (actually I was 1mph over) and use the cruise control. It's mostly 55 and 65, with some other speeds mixed in here and there. The range estimations changed throughout the 185 miles, at one point going as high as 20% left at the end, and as low as 9%. Temperature was between 50-60 degrees.

When all was said and done I ended at........16%. Tesla's estimate was spot on if you go the speed limit. At 16% I showed 45 miles estimated range left sitting at the Beaver charger. I never had any range anxiety, and could have sped up towards the end since it was clear I would make it, but I stuck to the speed limit to give concrete numbers for anyone out there worried about doing it.

IMG_2199.jpg

I just did this and I decided to keep some stats to share since there's not a lot of info about this Page to Beaver leg, which was the one section that had me the most worried on my trip from Phoenix to SLC. I have a 2013 P85+ and I charged up to almost full in Page to an estimated 255 mile range. The car showed it as 185 miles, and at the beginning estimated that I would end at 16%. Since I was worried about having range anxiety (not knowing the elevation changes, etc) I decided to go the posted speed limit the whole way (actually I was 1mph over) and use the cruise control. It's mostly 55 and 65, with some other speeds mixed in here and there. The range estimations changed throughout the 185 miles, at one point going as high as 20% left at the end, and as low as 9%. Temperature was between 50-60 degrees.

When all was said and done I ended at........16%. Tesla's estimate was spot on if you go the speed limit. At 16% I showed 45 miles estimated range left sitting at the Beaver charger. I never had any range anxiety, and could have sped up towards the end since it was clear I would make it, but I stuck to the speed limit to give concrete numbers for anyone out there worried about doing it.

View attachment 259443
It's fairly easy to look up the elevation of each supercharger on supercharge.info. Just click on a supercharger and click "details" and it will show the elevation. This leg does have an elevation gain of 1800 ft which is fairly significant.