Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paid for FSD - how do I enable it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model Y, shows on the software tab and phone app "Full Self-Driving Capability. Summons kinda sorta worked, seemed more like a gimmick though after two tries in an empty lot, but I'm not seeing any FSD features - two quick taps on the right stalk only seem to enable Auto Pilot as there were no lane changes, no turning, actually passed the exit to where I was navigating while the voice mentioned that ( I ) should turn here. What am I missing?

...more like a gimmick...
Now, you are talking. You do have FSD.

...I'm not seeing any FSD features...

Please go to the Autopilot menu and set all the settings, including the submenus.

Auto Lane Change and Auto Exit without human inputs is configured under Navigation on Autopilot.

If you still have problems, please post your car's screen so I can see what settings you are missing.

• Funny
Reactions: MajorPayne
Upvote 1
Model Y, shows on the software tab and phone app "Full Self-Driving Capability. Summons kinda sorta worked, seemed more like a gimmick though after two tries in an empty lot, but I'm not seeing any FSD features - two quick taps on the right stalk only seem to enable Auto Pilot as there were no lane changes, no turning, actually passed the exit to where I was navigating while the voice mentioned that ( I ) should turn here. What am I missing?
FSD on city streets, is not an available feature today. It works only on limited access highways (Interstates). You can apply for access to a beta program if you want. But FSD Beta is not ready for prime time yet. If you are okay running fairly buggy software, that makes lots of mistakes, sign up for the Beta. But make sure you are comfortable with all the terms and conditions that apply should you decide to try it. During the qualification period, Tesla monitors your driving with all kinds of sensors and an interior cabin camera. It is actually fairly intrusive. No one has any idea how long it will take to get in. For me it was three months.

Upvote 0
Start by reading the manual.

Reactions: Yelobird
Upvote 0
You missed enabling Navigation on Autopilot. On your Navigation directions listing, click on the left button on the lower left (Navigation on Autopilot), it will turn blue. Your car display will show a single blue direction line indicating Navigation on Autopilot is ON.

Upvote 0
Start by reading the manual.
Funny enough bro, you're right. In the manual under the section Navigate on Autopilot is:

To enable Navigate on Autopilot, touch Controls > Autopilot > Navigate on Autopilot (Beta). Then, to customize how you want Navigate on Autopilot to operate, touch Customize Navigate on Autopilot:

- Enable At Start Of Every Trip: Choose whether or not you want to automatically enable Navigate on Autopilot for every navigation route. When enabled, the Navigate on Autopilot button on the turn-by-turn direction list is already enabled at the start of every trip.

In my case that Enable at start toggle was not enabled. Then looking at the map I saw a new icon that was to the left of the destination card, that also had to be enabled.

Getting ready for a 1400 mile drive and most likely won't use FSD much anyways, but thanks everyone!

Upvote 0
FSD on city streets, is not an available feature today. It works only on limited access highways (Interstates). You can apply for access to a beta program if you want. But FSD Beta is not ready for prime time yet. If you are okay running fairly buggy software, that makes lots of mistakes, sign up for the Beta. But make sure you are comfortable with all the terms and conditions that apply should you decide to try it. During the qualification period, Tesla monitors your driving with all kinds of sensors and an interior cabin camera. It is actually fairly intrusive. No one has any idea how long it will take to get in. For me it was three months.

Thanks for the info but yeah it's not for me - this was just a $199 curiosity investment and my curiosity is now satisfied.

Upvote 0
Now, you are talking. You do have FSD.

Made me laugh! GF pretty much said the same thing after it negotiated an exit as expected but then got 'confused' approaching the street - the exit was 2 lanes for left, which we needed, and 2 for right, but it kept me on one of the two right lanes. Maybe due to cars on those two left lanes, but ultimately I had to make a u-turn.

Upvote 0