TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Paint Armor and Upgraded Seats

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by spongdds, Apr 18, 2014.

1. spongdds

spongdds Member

Are getting the paint armor and the upgraded sports seats worth it?

2. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Active Member

3. GDH

GDH Banned

no and yes

4. jbruce

jbruce Member

The sport seats are the same seats with sections upholstered in alcantara. Unfortunately they are not in any way more supportive.

5. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

Yeah, the "Performance" in "Performance Seats" is pretty much false advertising. It really should be "Premium Seats" or "Prettier Seats".

6. gnelson

gnelson Member

The Paint Armor did not prevent rock penetration of the film on my Model S. I had the paint armor in the front bumper removed. I had Opticoat Pro applied yesterday and had XPel applied today. Those with XPel claim it is self healing and vouch for preventing rock chips from penetrating the film. I also thought the partial film on the hood looked terrible with a pronounced line across the hood. I paid more for the upgraded interior and can't say it was cost effective. On the other hand I can't say I am not happy with my interior. I do really like the carbon fiber trim that was not available on all models when I ordered mine.

7. spongdds

spongdds Member

Wow, thanks for all the great feedback. I don't think I care too much about the sport seats if its just a difference in the upholstery. I thought they would be upgraded to some space aged professional race car type of seating, but if its just different material, then screw it.

The paint armor seems to be something i can decide on as an after market addition too, so i'm probably going to hold off also.

Thanks again for all the info.

8. Chris

Chris Member

Of all the options the only one I later regretted getting was the paint armor. Get an aftermarket product

9. Alysashley79

Alysashley79 Member

+1

xpel ultimate is the best. You can can a full frontal installed for around $2000-2500. It won't leave lines down the middle of your hood and it is self healing.

Xpel can still be penetrated by rocks or gravel. However it is much much stronger than the paint armor you can get with the car. My only recommendation would be to not wait to long to protect it!!

10. lloyds

lloyds Member