Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint bubble on top left of rear bumper cracked while cleaning.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was wiping down the area of the rear bumper that is covered up by the trunk hatch tonight and it seems I cracked a paint bubble that was sitting over a void. I can push the pain in easily now with my finger. This is a 2016 Model S 90D. I bought the car a few months ago from Tesla with a 2 year 50,000 mile warranty. Is this something that would be covered by the warranty as a manufacturing defect? How would you recommend I proceed?

Attachments

• 0A7A19B5-0C65-497B-BDD2-F59D379D83C0.jpeg
    0A7A19B5-0C65-497B-BDD2-F59D379D83C0.jpeg
    314.9 KB · Views: 382
  • 55912F30-47A7-41EA-8FBB-C03BA45ACF62.jpeg
    55912F30-47A7-41EA-8FBB-C03BA45ACF62.jpeg
    477.6 KB · Views: 171
There is a reason why Cybertrk comes without paint - one less thing for Tesla to perfect. :p

Seriously though, considering where this is, I'd super glue, maybe use some touch-up paint, and not worry about it again. It's on plastic, so no risk of rust, and it's not visible unless the trunk is open and you look for it. A complete 100% fix of repainting the entire bumper has more hassle and risks associated with the work that the fix would be worth, at least to me.

• Funny
Reactions: Cheburashka
There is a reason why Cybertrk comes without paint - one less thing for Tesla to perfect. :p

Seriously though, considering where this is, I'd super glue, maybe use some touch-up paint, and not worry about it again. It's on plastic, so no risk of rust, and it's not visible unless the trunk is open and you look for it. A complete 100% fix of repainting the entire bumper has more hassle and risks associated with the work that the fix would be worth, at least to me.

Touch up paint might be a better option than super glue I’d say.