Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks,
I picked up a new inventory MX 75 last weekend with only 12 miles on it. I noticed some defects with the trim and seal along with a few paint chips and one chip on the wheel. One paint chip exposed the metal underneath. The delivery people agreed to fix trim and seal but was adamant that they would do nothing for the paint chip, not even a minor touchup.
Is this just Tesla's policy re: new inventory model and should be expected? I feel that this is such an easy job for them and don't understand why it can't be done.
I understand that there was a discount for inventory models, but most of it was due to purchasing a discontinued model.
Anyhow, would be interested to hear from others who have bought inventory models in the past.

Thanks
Ian

Hopefully you didn't accept it and tell them to fix ... At least have them note to fix it later so you can get the cart now :)

Or if you can live with it , ask for a discount that you would accept then go order a paint chip kit from Dr. Color chip or direct from Tesla The touchup kit works rather well and fairly easy to install (check videos). It won't look new but will make it rather unnoticeable. Good luck!

(FYI, I got an inventory car that had paint chip rash along the doors. They gave a decent discount on mileage but nothing for paint. I had a long struggle with tesla but they finally fixed it. In the interim I used the Dr color chip and it worked okay)

Last edited: