TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Paint chip repair

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Soandso, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Soandso

Soandso New Member

I have some chips in my midnight metallic silver paint. Has anyone used chipfixx.ca?

2. JPP

JPP Active Member

3. Soandso

Soandso New Member

4. JPP

JPP Active Member

Sorry-did not think to check...

5. psgabin

psgabin Member

sure some members would mail to you :)

6. Soandso

Soandso New Member

I think I'm to give ChipFixx a shot, the system seems pretty much the same and I like supporting Canadian companies

7. Bitjockey

Bitjockey Member

Didn't see Tesla on their list of paint codes, sent them an email.

8. rainforest

rainforest Member

I just received my Chipfixx kit from Elva. Her service is super good. I will be trying the system within the next couple of days, and I'll let you know. But it pretty much looks the same as the Dr Colorchip system.

9. rainforest

rainforest Member

Dear all. Elva from Chipfixx wanted me to mention that all paint colours and codes for Tesla's were just uploaded to their website last weekend. Their package arrived within only a few days.

Their paint tech, Dave, has over 22 years in the touchup business and ran his own mobile touchup service for 21 years. He has been painting cars for over 35 years so he’s got extensive knowledge. ChipFixx is in it’s 6th yr of business now.

Again, their service was amazing, and I will let everybody know how my paint repair turns out after I try it this weekend.

• Informative x 2
  10. tomanik

tomanik Member

Thanks for the information and looking forward to your thoughts on the product. Have a number of chips from this winter I would like to fix up.

11. rainforest

rainforest Member

So I used the Chipfixx system, and I was able to fill in my rock chips which were admittedly extremely small. The colour helped reduce the contrast of the exposed primer against the painted surrounding. I found it a bit tricky to make the paint level though, so their paint technician Dave suggested that I let the paint dry a little longer than the suggested 1 minute before using the levelling solution.

I think it's worth a try and I'm glad I did.

12. Soandso

Soandso New Member

I used the chipfixx kit, and it worked better than expected. I was a little too fast using the leveler stuff and took out all the paint the first time. So I let it sit about 15 minutes and it worked better the second time. Colour matched good too, so no complaints from me.

13. rainforest

rainforest Member

Their service is good too. Quick replies by email.