Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint chip repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have some chips in my midnight metallic silver paint. Has anyone used chipfixx.ca?

Dear all. Elva from Chipfixx wanted me to mention that all paint colours and codes for Tesla's were just uploaded to their website last weekend. Their package arrived within only a few days.

Their paint tech, Dave, has over 22 years in the touchup business and ran his own mobile touchup service for 21 years. He has been painting cars for over 35 years so he’s got extensive knowledge. ChipFixx is in it’s 6th yr of business now.

Again, their service was amazing, and I will let everybody know how my paint repair turns out after I try it this weekend.

Dear all. Elva from Chipfixx wanted me to mention that all paint colours and codes for Tesla's were just uploaded to their website last weekend. Their package arrived within only a few days.

Their paint tech, Dave, has over 22 years in the touchup business and ran his own mobile touchup service for 21 years. He has been painting cars for over 35 years so he’s got extensive knowledge. ChipFixx is in it’s 6th yr of business now.

Again, their service was amazing, and I will let everybody know how my paint repair turns out after I try it this weekend.

Thanks for the information and looking forward to your thoughts on the product. Have a number of chips from this winter I would like to fix up.

So I used the Chipfixx system, and I was able to fill in my rock chips which were admittedly extremely small. The colour helped reduce the contrast of the exposed primer against the painted surrounding. I found it a bit tricky to make the paint level though, so their paint technician Dave suggested that I let the paint dry a little longer than the suggested 1 minute before using the levelling solution.

I think it's worth a try and I'm glad I did.

I used the chipfixx kit, and it worked better than expected. I was a little too fast using the leveler stuff and took out all the paint the first time. So I let it sit about 15 minutes and it worked better the second time. Colour matched good too, so no complaints from me.

I tried their kit and it worked good, I don't see big ugly chips when I walk past my car any more. Like other people said, if you wait a little bit for the paint to harden, you won't take the paint out of the chip when you levell.

Cool stuff