Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my M3. Already got my 1st couple chips on the hood. Should I get the paint chip repair kit that Tesla sells on their website or go another route? The real problem is that I have the pearl white paint color on my car and I've seen (video's online) that the paint sample they supply in the kit doesn't match the paint too well. Has something to do with the pearls in the pearl white paint not being in the little sample. Anyone have a good experience with the kit (in white) or do something better? If you got a chip professionally repaired, how much does it usually cost to repair? Thanks for any help. thumbnail_IMG_2311.jpg

I have MC Red. I got the $50 kit. Followed directions and was quite please with outcome. Fixed 90% of an issue had from the first month, 3 years ago. I recommend, thin applications. And if it does not look right, wipe, clean and try again. Be patient. It likely will not be perfect, but a little practice you will be surprised how good it can look.

Then, if you don't like, seek out professionals.

Reactions: X-pilot
I have MC Red. I got the $50 kit. Followed directions and was quite please with outcome. Fixed 90% of an issue had from the first month, 3 years ago. I recommend, thin applications. And if it does not look right, wipe, clean and try again. Be patient. It likely will not be perfect, but a little practice you will be surprised how good it can look.

Then, if you don't like, seek out professionals.
Thanks but I'm more worried about the white paint. Doesn't look like it matches.