Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint Codes/Touch-Up Paint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a touch up kit from Dr. ColorChip using the paint code from Automotive Touchup. I've used Dr. ColorChip previously on my other cars and it is very good. I will let you know how it turns out. I have a minor scratch in an inconspicuous spot, so this is a good opportunity to see how the color matches.

For reference purposes, here are the paint codes for the Roadster. There were some new colors added in 2011 and 2012.

2009-2012 Chip Color Code(s) Color Description

1GN00 Racing Green

1RD00 Fusion Red

2BK00 Obsidian Black Metallic

2RD00 Radiant Red Metallic

2SV00 Sterling Silver Metallic

3BK00 Jet Black

3BU00 Electric Blue Metallic

3GY00 Thunder Gray Metallic

3OG00 Very Orange Metallic

2011-2012 Chip Color Code(s) Color Description

2BU01 Twilight Blue Pearl

2012 Chip Color Code(s) Color Description

NEU105E Sierra Black

R101E Muir Metallic

When I ordered my Roadster in 2011, I took a photo of the standard Tesla colour samples.

What may be useful to some is that they also show the Dupont colour code which abstracts the paint colour information away from just being Lotus colour codes. However, I am not sure how prevalent this paint code system is in the US.

When ordering the car, Tesla acknowledged that Lotus paint cars using an industry standard Dupont colour mixing system at the Lotus plant, so I asked if I could have a custom colour if I supplied a non-standard Dupont code. To my surprise they said 'Yes' which is how I managed to get a custom colour on my car.

Attachments

• Default paint codes.jpg
    Default paint codes.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 583
This thread is timely - we have a blemish in the paint on the passenger side from fender where the wiper was swinging too far to the driver side through the winter, and has beaten a white spot into the paint (about the size of the point on a sharpie pen).

Having paint codes on hand will make it that much easier to color match, though the car being Jet Black, I understand that's one of the easier colors to match.

I've included a table that shows the Roadster colors I have been able to identify from various sources. I have listed the Tesla Color Codes, DuPont color codes and Lotus color codes that I was able to identify. If anyone else can identify the missing codes, please add them to this table for future reference.

Attachments

• Tesla Paint Chips.doc
    61 KB · Views: 342