TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

paint color codes?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by eelton, Feb 11, 2013.

1. eelton

eelton Member

Does anyone know if there is a paint color code sticker on the car? I've looked, but I can't find any--maybe you have to peel back carpet or something.

Or even better, is there a reference for Model S color codes? I'm looking for the blue code so I can order some touch-up paint from drcolorchip.com. (No problems yet, but I've never had a car where I didn't need it eventually.)

2. shokunin

shokunin P85 & S40

+1 to this plus the color of the performance wheels to touch up curb rash.

3. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

I'm told Tesla has certified several different paint manufacturers, including PPG, BASF, and a few others.

4. GasDoc

GasDoc Member

bumping this topic. Any info on where to get blue touch up paint?

5. eelton

eelton Member

Drcolorchip.com matched my paint. They didn't tell me the color code, but it's correct. All I told them was Tesla model S blue, and they figured it out.

sent via Tapatalk

6. stinnett_P813

Can you get the color code from them? I asked them today for it and here's their response:

Hi,
    We don't have any paint color samples for Tesla. The only way we could guarantee a match would be for you to provide us with a paint sample. Do you have anything you could send us that would be a good representation of the color?

Dan McCool
    Dr. ColorChip Corporation
    Phone- 561-845-6122, Ext. 301
    Fax- 561-244-0523

7. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

My local body shop prepared a small bottle of touch-up paint after fixing a small issue with the front bumper. They were able to get the PPG codes, I don't know whether they got it from their system or called Tesla service.

8. eelton

eelton Member

That's interesting, as they sent me the paint. I put some on a piece of paper, and it did seem to match. There's no color code written on the bottle. Have you tried e-mailing ownership experience at Tesla to ask them?

9. KenEE

KenEE P1937 Reward Excellence!

The code for Blue is PMMB. (According to Tesla OE)

They said they will have touchup paint available "soon".

10. DrDave

DrDave Member