Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint Color Recommendation

Paint Color Recommendation, MY LR with 20inch Induction Wheels

• Pearl White

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Blue

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • MSM

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We (wife and I) live in PNW and are planning to lease our first MY LR with 20inch induction wheels. Since it'll be a lease, i dont plan on spending on aftermarket paint protections. After seeing multiple MY in showrooms (perfect conditions), we've narrowed down my paint color finalists to Pearl White and Blue with MSM raking 3rd. Would love to hear feedback/recommendation from MY owners on Pearl White and Blue paint color options in regards to -

1) For low probability of color matching issues and panel gaps at the time of delivery
2) Easy to maintain over the 3year lease period and will show the least pacific northwest weather, dirt, grime and rock chips.
3) Least hassle and upcharge at the time of lease return.

Thanks in advance!

Team Blue with induction wheels.
7F0AD091-F54A-4114-ACF8-09FA018C3B83.jpeg
Go Hawks!
1- Don’t believe any color is more/less likely to have gaps.
2- Don’t know.
3- Don’t know.
4- Did I already say ”Go Hawks!”?

Last edited:
I would have preferred white, but family convinced me to buy red...no regrets.

That said, we've all noticed that white shows the panel gap issues the worst, as the dark shadow of the "gap" truly highlights even the most minimal inconsistency. However, white won't show chips as much, as the light colored primer just doesn't pop out the way it does on any other color.

(For all y'all GUYS, my wife would like you to know that the ONLY colors Tesla offers are red and blue. Black, white, and even silver, aren't colors!!! HAHAHA!)

Reactions: kindofblue and ArtK