Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint colors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will be getting my car painted early next year and i am debating over the color to get. Mine is the dark grey metallic and its looks ok but its too common and bland so its gotta go.

I was originally thinking of the forest green that was only offered for such a short time by tesla but there is one in my neighborhood and after checking it out at different light levels its pretty dark of a green all day, then there is the roadster race green but I've never seen a bright green Model S so it might be ugly because for some reason bright green doesn't always work. So now I'm thinking orange like a grabber orange from an old mustang, I painted my last car that one and it looked spectacular. And orange is always a sexy color on a car, i actually painted my T's on the front and back of my car neon orange shortly after buying it ages ago.

Anyone have any color suggestions they think would look awesome on the older model S?

and no before you people start i am not wrapping my car i hate wraps, they are tacky only last like 5 years.

Well it's a wrap, but I think you could find a similar paint
image15.jpeg

I'm partial to red. Check out the metallic red Mazda is using the past year or so. Deep color, looks good in different lighting, very high gloss/shine. Lexus also does one quite similar. Either are what I wish my factory red looked like. Both have more visual interest and impact. Won't be so far from the factory color to stand out as different like orange would. (which might be a good thing or not depending on what you are going for). Painting the black nose to match?

Well it's a wrap, but I think you could find a similar paint
That's a cool green its dark but not as dark as the forest green tesla had
My favorite Tesla color was the titanium. So I would personally opt for a derivative of that.
Not familiar with that color, was it like a metallic silver or something?
@GeorgeM,

Like red? How’s this look?
Never been a fan of flat colors, just looks unfinished and tacky to me

I will be getting my car painted early next year and i am debating over the color to get. Mine is the dark grey metallic and its looks ok but its too common and bland so its gotta go.

I was originally thinking of the forest green that was only offered for such a short time by tesla but there is one in my neighborhood and after checking it out at different light levels its pretty dark of a green all day, then there is the roadster race green but I've never seen a bright green Model S so it might be ugly because for some reason bright green doesn't always work. So now I'm thinking orange like a grabber orange from an old mustang, I painted my last car that one and it looked spectacular. And orange is always a sexy color on a car, i actually painted my T's on the front and back of my car neon orange shortly after buying it ages ago.

Anyone have any color suggestions they think would look awesome on the older model S?

and no before you people start i am not wrapping my car i hate wraps, they are tacky only last like 5 years.
Noting that you like orange, I recently saw a Model 3 painted in McLaren's Volcano Orange, and it looked fabulous. It is a spectacular color when properly applied. Its rich hue and metallic base is more of a "luxury orange" rather than a "racing orange". This ticks the boxes of "Not Bland" and "Not Common" while still being an appropriate color of a Model S - there are a lot of orange colors, and many wouldnt look great on an S.

Reactions: Ohmster