Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint correction and ceramic coating on Metallic Silver. Worth it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm thinking about getting a 3 year ceramic coating with paint correction done on my year old model 3 but I'm wondering if it's worth it. Besides the hydrophobic benefit will I notice much of any other benefit since silver is already so forgiving? Main reason I'm considering it is because it'll potentially be part of a barter where I give up my old Nvidia GTX 1080 graphics card plus $250 cash. What do you guys think? Worth it or pass?

I'm thinking about getting a 3 year ceramic coating with paint correction done on my year old model 3 but I'm wondering if it's worth it. Besides the hydrophobic benefit will I notice much of any other benefit since silver is already so forgiving? Main reason I'm considering it is because it'll potentially be part of a barter where I give up my old Nvidia GTX 1080 graphics card plus $250 cash. What do you guys think? Worth it or pass?

The 3 is the first car I have had polished and ceramic coated. The hydrophobic effect makes it so easy to wash and dry. Washing also requires so much less friction and bugs are much easier to remove. Using my electric leaf blower after washing makes drying a one small micro fiber cloth event. Will have paint corrrection, polish and ceramic on all vehicles going forward.

Reactions: GeoG
I'm also thinking about getting my Silver Metalic MS a ceramic coat. Are you happy with how it turned out? Do you have any before and after pictures? What brand did you use?

Don’t have before and after pictures for you, and had it done, but glad I did it.

However it depends on how you wash your car. If you run it through a car wash with their chemicals and (especially) the non-touch free…don’t bother. But if you are asking, probably you don’t.

As said before, the car WANTS to be clean. Washing is so easy, usually a quick rinse with a pressure washer, a foam cannon, a rinse and blow it dry with a leaf blower…and it looks awesome. Every few months it will want an actual touch with a mitt, but then it is still a light touch. Don’t regret it.

Reactions: GeoG
First picture is on our way from the St. Louis Tesla shop after pickup. (Dec 2021)
The 2nd picture is after ceramic coating. (Jan 2022)
3rd pic is a recent one after washing over the weekend. (Sep 2022)
Like everyone one has said before, the maintenance washes are super easy.

Attachments

• 0EB2D3FF-A512-4851-9B14-A2D7022B52F2.jpeg
    0EB2D3FF-A512-4851-9B14-A2D7022B52F2.jpeg
    585.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 99766A47-B4A4-441B-9A20-3C94FD6A0C05.jpeg
    99766A47-B4A4-441B-9A20-3C94FD6A0C05.jpeg
    490.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 05AD863D-BCA2-4A59-BE3A-CD8809BF2E32.jpeg
    05AD863D-BCA2-4A59-BE3A-CD8809BF2E32.jpeg
    790.3 KB · Views: 57
Here is my personal opinion of if I think ceramic coat is worth it to “me”.
I do take care o all my vehicles. I have never ceramic coated any of my vehicles. I have a 2007 Silverado with 190,000 miles. Got it new and after 15 years, it still looks like new and drives great. Taking care of it is definitely time consuming.
The Tesla, with the ceramic coat definitely helps. The time spent is only to rinse off and use a leaf blower to dry it.
The ceramic coat is definitely worth it to me.
If you are planning to keep it for a while and like to drive a clean car .. get it ceramic coated.

Reactions: 3Volts2aTes