Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint Correction by Tesla SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m in Central Phoenix but would have no problem driving elsewhere in the valley for quality work.

I would head over and let them take a look. Both of these places deal with multi million dollar collector cars but also do normal vehicles as well. I bought an old Mercedes and the paint was a mess. 1 day the car looked brand new.

It’s not cheap, but it’s what I would do. Sorry you’re dealing with this. The P is such a great car.

I'd never let Tesla even wash my car, I couldn't imagine how bad they'd screw up paint correction.

In fairness, all dealers suck at this. They pay next to nothing for their delivery people and 'detailers' so what they get is kids making $9 an hour being yelled at to work faster. The result is predictable.

I bought my black Model 3 in March and promptly drove it over to the local detailing shop and paid them $500 for paint correction and another $500 for a ceramic coating. Tesla is never going to deliver a car with a perfect paint job. They are well known for incurring scratches and buff marks when they prep the cars. I gladly paid the $1,000 to the detailer to make the car look perfect and then ceramic coat it for long term protection. It never even occurred to me to ask Tesla to pay for any of this. It’s well known they are not great at painting cars. But there are many premium cars that need paint correction straight from the factory. It’s really no big deal and not limited to Tesla cars.

I bought my black Model 3 in March and promptly drove it over to the local detailing shop and paid them $500 for paint correction and another $500 for a ceramic coating. Tesla is never going to deliver a car with a perfect paint job. They are well known for incurring scratches and buff marks when they prep the cars. I gladly paid the $1,000 to the detailer to make the car look perfect and then ceramic coat it for long term protection. It never even occurred to me to ask Tesla to pay for any of this. It’s well known they are not great at painting cars. But there are many premium cars that need paint correction straight from the factory. It’s really no big deal and not limited to Tesla cars.
I get what you're saying, this just seems pretty clear to be operator error by a "detailer" right before delivery. I'd want to see what Tesla can do but it seems like most people are suggesting not to let Tesla touch the car.

I'd never let Tesla even wash my car, I couldn't imagine how bad they'd screw up paint correction.

In fairness, all dealers suck at this. They pay next to nothing for their delivery people and 'detailers' so what they get is kids making $9 an hour being yelled at to work faster. The result is predictable.
Good point...I don't want to get the car back worse than it was on delivery!

I would head over and let them take a look. Both of these places deal with multi million dollar collector cars but also do normal vehicles as well. I bought an old Mercedes and the paint was a mess. 1 day the car looked brand new.

It’s not cheap, but it’s what I would do. Sorry you’re dealing with this. The P is such a great car.
Looks like Hyer is right near the Tempe SC so I'll reach out to them. The P is an amazing car!

Did the PPF installer say the clear coat was too thin to continue buffing out? Did it burn thru the clear? If so return the car, you don’t want a repainted brand new car. Having had 3 Tesla fixed by the local Tesla certified, it never looks the same after

If the Tesla service centers had the skill to do professional paint correction, I would think they would have the skill to avoid damaging the paint in the first place. I wouldn’t let them touch my paint. But with scratches that deep it’s hard to know why the OP took delivery of the car in the first place.

Reactions: tvad
If the Tesla service centers had the skill to do professional paint correction, I would think they would have the skill to avoid damaging the paint in the first place. I wouldn’t let them touch my paint. But with scratches that deep it’s hard to know why the OP took delivery of the car in the first place.
The car had no obvious scratches or paint issues on delivery. Here's a photo of how it looked in the showroom. There was no way to see the paint issues.
IMG_1174.jpg