Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint correction coating vs armor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need help. I am not an expert and would like everyone's opinion. I am contemplating full body clear armor vs paint correction and CQuartz finest product. My questions are - which one lasts longer, which one looks better (I like shiny wet look), which one is easy to maintain. I would like your thoughts, pics, recommendations, please. Thanks.

Unless you're wrapping the car to change colors, a full body clear paint protection film (PPF) will almost always DETRACT from the original paint finish. It's a film over your paint, so it'll have some texture, slight loss of clarity, maybe a few ripples or stretch marks from the installation. It's very minor but it doesn't "enhance" the look of the OEM paint.

However, the PPF will likely maintain the overall finish of the original paint for many years. So after a few years a car with PPF will have pristine paint, and still look good, while a car without the armor could end up with tons of scratches, chips, and swirls.

For those that are worried about damage, I would suggest wrapping the high impact zones. Front of the car, the lowers and the trunk sills. The Cquartz will help protect it from the elements and minor wash marring. It won't protect it from improper wash techniques like washing with a brush.

sent using my thumbs, mispelling most words

Your question really is comparing two very different approaches. If you "correct" the paint I assume you have imperfections such as swirls, scratches, haze, etc. These imperfections must be eliminated by proper polishing before waxing. Then, applying a coating like gtechniq, you're adding a layer of protection. This approach will not aid in rock chips, paint scrapes damaging paint, etc.

By applying a clear film, ppf, you're now adding a urethane film that protects agains rock chips, etc. You will still have to properly maintain the film. The better films, XPEL Ultimate, have self-healing properties that resist bird droppings, etchings, and swirls. This film is very optically clear, but as mentioned before, if you look very close, there is a slight difference between paint and PPF.

So, in the end, it all depends on what YOUR needs are.