Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint Crack/Fissure or Road Debris Impact?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to get your guys thoughts on some damage I found on the bumper of my white Model 3 today. While I was inspecting my Model 3 I noticed some damage right below the passenger side headlights (photos attached).

At first I thought it might have been some sharp object hitting my bumper during a commute or something, breaking through the clear bra and ceramic coating, but taking a much closer look it doesn't look like impact to me at all. The "crack" goes upward at too steep of an angle that would make sense for road debris to be hitting it. That and I don't really see an "impact spot". It's as if there was a heat rupture or paint fissure or something that cracked and broke through the clear bra going outwards.

I'm hoping someone with an experienced eye has maybe seen something like this before, as this has been very saddening as I just invested in getting the clear bra and ceramic coat to give some extra protection for the paint. If it really is a paint crack, I hope Tesla covers this.

Attachments

• IMG_0795.jpg
    IMG_0795.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0813.jpg
    IMG_0813.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0814.jpg
    IMG_0814.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 53