Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint Damage - Refused Delivery Today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

I declined my delivery of an M3 this morning because of issues with the car.

There were two huge rock chips (to the bare panel) right next to the driver’s door handle, some light scratches around the trunk and passenger doors,and a rear quarter panel that wasn’t clipped in right.

I could have lived with those rock chips anywhere else, just not the one place I would literally look at every time.

No one at the desk wanted to come out to look at the issues. They just said take pics and schedule an appointment for service. I said no and refused the vehicle. I think they need to care more when selling a $45k vehicle.

On my app now it says my order is on hold till later in the month and then it gets cancelled if I don't release it.

What are the next steps? If it gets cancelled, do I get my order fee back or do I have to do a charge back?

Thanks for any and all feedback.

What are the next steps? If it gets cancelled, do I get my order fee back or do I have to do a charge back?

There isnt any workflow where you get that $250 back. The order agreement spells that out, though. Next steps are as @E90alex mentions. Release the hold when ready, or cancel and forfeit the $250 order fee.

• Informative
Reactions: ColoradoMike
We passed on a 2022 new M3LR back in May of 2022. Paint issues were crazy bad! The Tesla center looked at the issues and stated they could have it sent to a collision/paint center to fix it. We refused delivery and they put us back in the queue for another M3LR. 3 months later we took delivery with our car. Unless things have changed, you will not get the order fee back if you elect to not get a Tesla. @jjrandorin mentioned what your steps are!

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot