Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint damaged at Tesla but they are refusing to fix

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the spot is one of those common golf ball size hazy spots leftover from delivery, then you can easily rub out that spot in five minutes using Meguire's Polish or Meguire's Ultimate Compound.

thanks so much for this! I guess i didnt know the capabilities in the detailing world but you've helped me remove the blemishes that have been bugging me since i picked up the car 3 months ago. I owe you a beer!

Reactions: tvad
thanks so much for this! I guess i didnt know the capabilities in the detailing world but you've helped me remove the blemishes that have been bugging me since i picked up the car 3 months ago. I owe you a beer!

Yeah, I had a couple of those myself. They were not there originally but appeared at some point after I took the car in for service.
What happened was they sanded down a paint nib and left the dull spots in the process. Saw the same on several cars, including some test drive vehicles at the local store. Weird that they would not finish the job and polish the spot back to the normal gloss.

Yeah, I had a couple of those myself. They were not there originally but appeared at some point after I took the car in for service.
What happened was they sanded down a paint nib and left the dull spots in the process. Saw the same on several cars, including some test drive vehicles at the local store. Weird that they would not finish the job and polish the spot back to the normal gloss.
i previously took it into the servicer center - we flagged the spots on the car - left my car there all day and picked up before the service center closed. Spots were still there and there was no one around to talk to. Funny how a $10 bottle of detailing compound and some elbow grease could've mitigated lots of frustration. Glad to put that behind me.

i previously took it into the servicer center - we flagged the spots on the car - left my car there all day and picked up before the service center closed. Spots were still there and there was no one around to talk to. Funny how a $10 bottle of detailing compound and some elbow grease could've mitigated lots of frustration. Glad to put that behind me.

Strangely, they do a lot of that. Rather than put in some 5 effin' minutes of work, they'd rather spend half an hour arguing about it and antagonizing the customer.

I had a similar situation where a very antagonistic service manager was flabbergasted by the fact that I had the audacity to not understand that "they don't have touch-up paint", after the third failure to fix a scratch they caused during one of the nine attempts to align my driver's door.

Ah, good times ...