Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint defects at delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: Tesla are going to try to rectify with detailing but they feel both the front fender and bumper will probably need to be repainted.

Found it amusing they tried to give my wife a huge BMW 7 series as a loaner - a huge gas guzzling ICE car. After she said she didn't want to drive that they gave her a Model S.

Reactions: TexasRat
You know they keep saying that the battery is the biggest expense and technical challenge. Maybe that's true for Ford, but I get the feeling for Tesla it's actually the paint! Plus they must be having huge growing pains. I hope going private will give them the freedom to invest in things like quality and service, even if it slows down the race to quarterly profits.

You know they keep saying that the battery is the biggest expense and technical challenge. Maybe that's true for Ford, but I get the feeling for Tesla it's actually the paint! Plus they must be having huge growing pains. I hope going private will give them the freedom to invest in things like quality and service, even if it slows down the race to quarterly profits.

It's because they use 'soft paint', something to do with CA regulations... those with more insight into this can perhaps comment.

You can always get a whole body wrap with paint correction to protect it or get the vehicle repainted some years down the road if it gets too ugly!:D

Not sure if going private will always be a good thing, will depend on who is invested in the company more. It is plausible that they might not agree with Elon's vision, could sell off portions of the business like SC's and open up charging stations to all EV's, etc., many variables there!