Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint Experts Please Chime In

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a paint pimple that popped on the driver side door next to the side mirror. The bubble is zoomed in on the picture and looks much larger than it is in person. I would say the hole is about the size of a pen tip. I noted this as a due bill item and the SC has offered to repaint my entire door. I wanted to see what other options I have before committing to having my new car repainted. To me this option would be a last resort as I have not had good experiences with the SC. Every time my car goes in for a fix I come out with new problems (scuffs on wheel/paint, misaligned parts when reinstalling, etc). It’s safe to say I don’t have much faith in having a much more invasive service done correctly. Could I fill with hole with touch up paint or just leave it alone? My only concern at this point in the longevity of the paint. I could live with the aesthetics of it since the problem is in a inconspicuous place.

Attachments

• 798A450C-1426-445B-8380-2DA792EA52DD.jpeg
    798A450C-1426-445B-8380-2DA792EA52DD.jpeg
    247.8 KB · Views: 100
You'll have to even it out before you use touch up paint, but I can confirm that the OEM touch up paint on the Tesla Shop is insanely good stuff, I've used it quite a bit and it's pretty much liquid magic in a bottle.

Clearisal worked wonders for me as a teenager ;)

I, too, can confirm that the touch up paint from Tesla did a wonderful job on my car with two bubble. One had enough clear coat even after wet sanding it didn’t need the touch up but the other one certainly did. Here’s a pretty good clip explaining the process: