Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint flaking off underside of spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was curious about this, so I inspected the underside of my spoiler and it is, indeed, showing signs of flaking. That seems so odd since it’s the underside and protected from the rays of the sun. I’m also still having issues with the FWD scraping the body. The dealer ”fixed” this twice by putting 3M film on the door and painting the dime sized place on the body but the issue always returns within a few weeks. I am out of “bumper to bumper” warranty now but these problems will be covered by corrosion warranty?

Tesla service is telling me I will have to pay for a small, bubbling paint (obvious rust underneath) patch on my hood as well as the flaking, corroding paint on the underside of the spoiler since my basic warranty has expired. Where is the paint corrosion warranty listed? Anyone have a link?

Tesla service is telling me I will have to pay for a small, bubbling paint (obvious rust underneath) patch on my hood as well as the flaking, corroding paint on the underside of the spoiler since my basic warranty has expired. Where is the paint corrosion warranty listed? Anyone have a link?
12 years, unlimited mileage on current vehicles (it might be different on older units, but link is valid for all)

BTW, this is available under "Support" on the web site.

Has anyone had this fixed under warranty in the US? I tried last year and they declined it. Told me to take it to a body shop and pay out of pocket.

I'm under warranty for another 900 miles or so and looking to fix everything I can before it expires.

Has anyone found a fix to this? Tesla vaughn keeps saying that is not under warranty ( my warranty expired two years ago) i keep searching for a way to have a permanent fix, this is the second spoiler since i bought the car. The first time tesla replaced under warranty but now that the car has been long without warranty, well i have to replace it out of pocket and was thinking a permanent solution. Like if i replace it and then wrap it? But not aure that will work. Maybe a derailer can fix it?

Has anyone found a fix to this? Tesla vaughn keeps saying that is not under warranty ( my warranty expired two years ago) i keep searching for a way to have a permanent fix, this is the second spoiler since i bought the car. The first time tesla replaced under warranty but now that the car has been long without warranty, well i have to replace it out of pocket and was thinking a permanent solution. Like if i replace it and then wrap it? But not aure that will work. Maybe a derailer can fix it?
Try Oakville.

For those of you who were able to get your spoiler fixed, do you have any alignment issues with it? Tesla replaced my spoiler and now it doesn't align properly with the integrated brake light. They told me that it's due the way it's glued and that there's nothing they can do to make it look better. Curious is anyone else has noticed any issues when getting the replacements?

For those of you who were able to get your spoiler fixed, do you have any alignment issues with it? Tesla replaced my spoiler and now it doesn't align properly with the integrated brake light. They told me that it's due the way it's glued and that there's nothing they can do to make it look better. Curious is anyone else has noticed any issues when getting the replacements?
Have them redo it
Mine was done wrong the first time then they took ot back to do it again