Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint flaws in new model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
wrong insurance will cover ppf, have had it done multiple times and will do full ppf on my Y coming next week. When you deal with insurance and a adjuster you have to just tell them theres ppf simple as that. I know about 10 other people who have had no issues with ppf being paid for by insurance after an accident or issue. People dont realize most people dont get ppf for protection, they get it for easy of keeping it clean and maintenance. And to the right buyer people will pay more for a car with PPF, just did it with my R a few months ago. A majority of people do ppf like on the front for ease of cleaning. Doing an entire car makes it cake walk. I wash my cars every 4 days. PPF speeds that process up even more.
I should have been more clear. You have to add PPF to your policy as an extra non-factory equipment to have it covered (adding to the premium). Perhaps it's a bit different where you are but unless it's factory original equipment, the insurance companies do NOT cover add-on accessories. If what you are saying is 100% true, then all the aftermarket wheels and suspension upgrades would be covered under the same clause which I know they do not.

I should have been more clear. You have to add PPF to your policy as an extra non-factory equipment to have it covered (adding to the premium). Perhaps it's a bit different where you are but unless it's factory original equipment, the insurance companies do NOT cover add-on accessories. If what you are saying is 100% true, then all the aftermarket wheels and suspension upgrades would be covered under the same clause which I know they do not.
nope you dont, never once did that nor the others, as long as you point it out to the adjuster thats all when it comes to ppf. As far as aftermarket parts then thats up to the insurance company some require you to disclose, some dont care. But ppf does not fall under aftermarket. Ive even had professional ceramic coating covered under an insurance claim when a panel had to be painted. Its def gonna depend on insurance companies but the few i know a few that do not have issues with ppf and requiring it on the "policy". Just like if you have a roof top tent or a roofbox or a bike rack and you car is wrecked and all that gets ruined. The claim will cover that as well. At least my policy will without any extra stuff

Last edited:
There’s value in having a car continue looking good years after the delivery… especially considering what these cost.

Would I wrap it for $6K? Hell no I wouldn’t.

I did do about $850 of PPF on my 2018 and have ceramic coated it twice. It looks fairly good but still some rock chips, etc.

I strongly believe in PPF on the front bumper, headlights and hood. Usual that's about 1100-1400 here in FL. There are WAY too many dump trucks on the road literally sandblasting cars. Whether I get more for my private sales or trades is unimportant to me, what is important to me personally is walking into my garage and not seeing the front end of my car destroyed by negligence on the road.

Putting PPF on the whole car is definitely a waste of money though.