TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Paint Guard in South Florida? and paint repair question

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Silverpnt01, Apr 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Silverpnt01

Silverpnt01 Member

Hi Guys,

I've had my MS for about two weeks now. I've already got a chip of paint missing thanks to a kid and a rock. Anyone know of a place in South Florida that can put that protective film over the car? What films should I be looking at?

Apparently Midnight Metallic Grey is sold out for paint repair on the Tesla website, any idea if there is a third party that makes the paint kits?

Thank you

2. First Impression

First Impression Local Vendor - Florida

Serving Tampa, Sarasota & Southwest Florida
    Sorry to hear you already got a chip on your new MS. I recommend you to see Brandon Hugh. He owns Hugh's Detailing in Miami. He installs Xpel Ultimate paint protective film aka clear bra. Give him a call at 786-447-8885

3. RDuke

RDuke Member

I've had my Deep Blue Metallic 70D for almost a year now, and Tesla has never had touch-up paint in stock for it. So I ordered a small bottle from drcolorchip.com. It matches perfectly.

4. Tropicfive

Tropicfive New Member

John at Advanced Detailing of South FL (also on Facebook) does a great job! (954) 632-1582

Does all high end cars and does the work himself. My Tesla was the cheapest car in his garage...by $100.000's :)

5. jmhickey

jmhickey New Member

While I have seen posting for detailers throughout the country and discussions for protective coatings - I had not seen many recommendations for South Florida. I live in Coral Gables and I have a 2015 Tesla Model S 90D. I had researched protective coatings and decided to have Xpel & CQuartz Finest applied on my car. The next step was finding a reseller, I wanted to share that I found a detailer that I am incredibly happy with - both for the CQuartz and for regular detailing.

Scheer Signature Detailing | Miami Car Detailing has been a dream to work with, but more importantly - the care and results of their work are stunning. As you know the Tesla is a beautiful car to begin with - however I am so proud of the compliments I receive after having it detailed due to the sheer shine/gloss that it has. I have no vested interest other than sharing my satisfaction with these guys. If you are in need of an incredible detailer in the Miami area - give them a try.

I am now almost a year in and the Xpel and Quartz was the correct call - keeping the car both protected and looking amazing.

Kindest Regards,
    John

6. modelx007

modelx007 Member

How about recommendations for someone to protect a model X and tint in the Boca/coral springs area?

7. siraj

siraj Member

Anyone in Coral springs / Fort Lauderdale / Boca area to install Xpel and apply opticoat?