TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Paint Guard in South Florida? and paint repair question

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Silverpnt01, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Silverpnt01

Silverpnt01 Member

Hi Guys,

I've had my MS for about two weeks now. I've already got a chip of paint missing thanks to a kid and a rock. Anyone know of a place in South Florida that can put that protective film over the car? What films should I be looking at?

Apparently Midnight Metallic Grey is sold out for paint repair on the Tesla website, any idea if there is a third party that makes the paint kits?

Thank you

2. First Impression

First Impression Local Vendor - Florida

Serving Tampa, Sarasota & Southwest Florida
    Sorry to hear you already got a chip on your new MS. I recommend you to see Brandon Hugh. He owns Hugh's Detailing in Miami. He installs Xpel Ultimate paint protective film aka clear bra. Give him a call at 786-447-8885

3. RDuke

RDuke Member

I've had my Deep Blue Metallic 70D for almost a year now, and Tesla has never had touch-up paint in stock for it. So I ordered a small bottle from drcolorchip.com. It matches perfectly.

4. Tropicfive

Tropicfive New Member

John at Advanced Detailing of South FL (also on Facebook) does a great job! (954) 632-1582

Does all high end cars and does the work himself. My Tesla was the cheapest car in his garage...by $100.000's :)

5. jmhickey

jmhickey New Member

While I have seen posting for detailers throughout the country and discussions for protective coatings - I had not seen many recommendations for South Florida. I live in Coral Gables and I have a 2015 Tesla Model S 90D. I had researched protective coatings and decided to have Xpel & CQuartz Finest applied on my car. The next step was finding a reseller, I wanted to share that I found a detailer that I am incredibly happy with - both for the CQuartz and for regular detailing.

Scheer Signature Detailing | Miami Car Detailing has been a dream to work with, but more importantly - the care and results of their work are stunning. As you know the Tesla is a beautiful car to begin with - however I am so proud of the compliments I receive after having it detailed due to the sheer shine/gloss that it has. I have no vested interest other than sharing my satisfaction with these guys. If you are in need of an incredible detailer in the Miami area - give them a try.

I am now almost a year in and the Xpel and Quartz was the correct call - keeping the car both protected and looking amazing.

Kindest Regards,
    John

6. modelx007

modelx007 Member

How about recommendations for someone to protect a model X and tint in the Boca/coral springs area?

7. siraj

siraj Member

Anyone in Coral springs / Fort Lauderdale / Boca area to install Xpel and apply opticoat?