Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint issue 2021 Tesla Model Y

Is this common?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else seen these blatent paint issues? I noted when I picked up my Model Y two weeks ago, and have to go to service center Tuesday. Is this widespread? Also, there is tremendous wind noise starting at 43 mph and whistling from the windshield top left at about 60mph... anyone else have this issue?

iCloud

And also the headliner has linear streaks where at the rear of the headliner, just above and behind the rear seats near the merger to the rear hatch glass.

iCloud

Has anyone else seen these blatent paint issues? I noted when I picked up my Model Y two weeks ago, and have to go to service center Tuesday. Is this widespread? Also, there is tremendous wind noise starting at 43 mph and whistling from the windshield top left at about 60mph... anyone else have this issue?

iCloud

And also the headliner has linear streaks where at the rear of the headliner, just above and behind the rear seats near the merger to the rear hatch glass.

iCloud

Those should hopefully buff out pretty quickly. The headliner should be easily cleaned as well. The whistle from your windshield, however, may have to replace the windshield or roof glass. Sounds like something isn't fitting together correctly.

The two issues you mentioned make up the top 3 quality control issues that plagues the MY. I had the same issues. However, now 5 months into ownership, I forgot all about them. :D The occasional dust particles and imperfections in the paint can be corrected where applicable. Tesla will go as far as offering to repaint the affected panels. The dirty headline can easily be cleaned with warm soap water and sponge.

I have noticed some swirl on the rear passenger door...but haven't really bothered doing anything about it. I'll have to look more closely when we have weather that it more conducive to inspection. When I picked up the car in Nov. it was completely covered in frost.

I do not have a whistling noise at higher speeds, or excessive wind noise in general.

I have noticed some swirl on the rear passenger door...but haven't really bothered doing anything about it. I'll have to look more closely when we have weather that it more conducive to inspection. When I picked up the car in Nov. it was completely covered in frost.

I do not have a whistling noise at higher speeds, or excessive wind noise in general.

I think you should expect see swirl marks and marring from the wash they give the car before they give it to the you. I usually end up either correcting it myself or taking it to a detail shop to have them correct the paint anyway. Every car I have ever owned and picked up has had some type of marring or swirl marks on it, lol.