Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint Issues After Some Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else had this problem on their Tesla's paint? I bought the car just over 5 months ago and picked it up on 12/22/18. Recently I noticed, in two specific spots on my car (the hood and the passenger front door), there are these areas where it seems there is a fog / scuff in the clear coat. I am positive nothing dripped on the paint in these areas or touched the car, as I work from home, don't drive much, and park indoors in a climate controlled garage. It looks like something that should just rub off, but it does not. Waxing the areas has done basically nothing to alleviate the issue. From what I have heard about Tesla body / paint repair, I'm wondering if it's worth going through the nightmare of their service and warranty department, or if there is some sort of off the shelf clear coat repair kit anyone else can recommend. Thanks!

Attachments

• PassengerDoor.jpg
    PassengerDoor.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 122
  • Hood.jpg
    Hood.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 113
I'm experiencing the same issue on my model 3 about 7 months old. It appears on the rear panel above the passengers side wheel. My car is garaged all the time and recieves regular touchless car washes. Definitely seems like some sort of process issue when applying the point at the factory. Would be interested to hear what you find out. I'm afraid it will lead to worse problems if it goes unchecked.