Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint Mismatch Survey

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Balthezor

I think it's driving your nuts because it's not 100% matched. A good body shop can tell you if it's matched or not. They'll have a device that will tell them/you the color of each panel. There was another poster on here that took his to a body shop and it proved to him that each door was a different shade of white (it was obvious from the pictures and Tesla denied it, that's why he took it to a body shop for an objective measurement).

All in all, for a white MY, yours looks better than many that have been pictured on this forum. I don't want to spoil your enjoyment of the car, but I'm giving you my opinion since it's already driving you nuts.

I've refrained from posting any negative opinions on other white MYs where the forum poster was clearly happy with his/her white MY, but I've seen splotchy paint or slightly mismatched colors.

End of the day we gotta accept what we can live with, right? Doesn't matter what any of us think as long as you or your SO is happy with it.

Overall pretty happy. Have appointment for the bumpers since they seem slightly off but compared to others with White this is much better. 29 range VIN.
View attachment 568951 View attachment 568952

I would be shocked if the Service Center did anything for you on those bumpers other than telling you they are "within spec." In the pics, it looks so close that I really doubt they will match it any better. What did they say?