Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint Mismatch Survey

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do you think?
Yesterday I was at SC to get some delivery issue with MY fixed. Saw 2 whites with similar 2 tones. I know it is not a feature (**sarcasm**) because on one the driver side door was of different color and on the other the rear bumper. Ofcourse there were lots of panel gaps, paint issue etc.

I had gone in to fix a scratched wheel liner and adjust the rear hatch (Panel gap).

This is not a problem unique to Tesla. We have a copper sunset Honda CR-V with exactly the same issue. The color hides it a bit better but when I look closely at the areas where painted plastic meets painted metal it is definitely a different color. This white just seems to exacerbate the issue.

Took my Model Y to service center to inquire about the paint mismatch on my rear bumper. Their response was:

Inspected customers rear fascia and no issues found. Advised customer about paint on rear fascia versus paint on body panel pieces will look different due to paint material used for it to flex on plastic bumpers.

Correction: Remote - Education

View attachment 562249

White non p no fsd. Got my second vegas call yesterday since 2 months ago. My vin is ready. I think, his phone connection was terrible. Promised a follow up email. Drove to the nearest service center and 4 white teslas sitting out front. S, x, 3 and y. What luck. Y had the bumper contrast issue. All other white teslas looked perfect. Since i am in texas and they will have my money I decided to delay my purchase. I would tell tesla but my 3rd vegas rep never sent the email. Not going to waste my time chasing them down. My 2 yr old m3 red is perfect. Elon here is how to make a profit. Fire sales people and deliver perfect cars. Send me 5% for this obvious solution.

• Funny
Reactions: raggedy
Got another white/white VIN today (high 25K) exactly 2 weeks after rejecting delivery on a 11K VIN. Due to two-tone paint on the doors.
Car is due in 2 wks. Praying for an acceptable paint job and better QC this time around.

Got another white/white VIN today (high 25K) exactly 2 weeks after rejecting delivery on a 11K VIN. Due to two-tone paint on the doors.
Car is due in 2 wks. Praying for an acceptable paint job and better QC this time around.

I have been waiting for 11 days, still no updates after rejecting the car with same issue.

I really hope the 2nd one will be ok, otherwise, will have to cancel the order or change it to other colors.

Share us some good news form your delivery.

Reactions: Medic
I haven't changed my color yet. I like the white/black contrast and white is free, which is a bonus. Plus at this time I don't want to give Tesla any more of my money, especially just to avoid their crappy paint (white) issues.

If I do change colors it will be to msm

This is not a problem unique to Tesla. We have a copper sunset Honda CR-V with exactly the same issue. The color hides it a bit better but when I look closely at the areas where painted plastic meets painted metal it is definitely a different color. This white just seems to exacerbate the issue.
My Honda CR-V is the same - especially from the bumper areas to the doors.

My Honda Odyssey, after a couple of years, showed a different shade of blue from the rest of the car, but that was after a couple of years. And we are all a little more forgiving to a slightly mismatched bumper to body color, but the yellowish-white bumpers are pretty far off from the white body panels that I would refuse to accept delivery if presented with it.

2nd delivery coming up this week. Was encoraged the posts about mismatched paint on the whites had quieted down, but then saw this photo of a mid July build:

Joined the club yesterday : TeslaModelY

Same VIN range as my replacement.....

Anyone gotten a white one 25K VIN or higher that was OK?

Looks like nothing changed. I got my 2nd VIN# at 29xxx, and supposed to be delivered the weekend.

I am thinking to switch to blue/red if the 2nd one still has the same issue.