Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint Mismatch Survey

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Overall pretty happy. Have appointment for the bumpers since they seem slightly off but compared to others with White this is much better. 29 range VIN.
IMG_0887.jpeg
IMG_0894.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Kevin66
Happy to report my 2nd VIN was pretty much perfect. Huge improvement between VINs 11K and 26K.
The car has no paint or feature issues. Even the back seats were straight without the step issue. I literally stared at the panels for an hour before taking delivery.

Let me say this, the Pearl is very sensitive to viewing angle, it picks up the light and shadows very differently from different angles. That might bother some people more than others.

Here's my car, and the other image for comparison, another Y on the lot VIN 15K range that was like the one I rejected.

Good luck everyone

20200724_185011_exported_7627277126625191054.jpg

20200724_172500_exported_506038061878633620.jpg

Reactions: gundarx
Thanks for all the feedback. I guess I read it that I have 1000 miles to return it if I've exceeded my 7 days.

I will be contacting Tesla to see if they will fix the paint. Hoping they will. Fortunately, the ceramic pro dealer says they'll reapply the ceramic coat on any new painted panel under the warranty.

So just a quick update on this...

Took my Tesla in earlier this week, they inspected the car and after about 30 minutes the tech came out and said that they had multiple cars come back and it's been heavily documented. He told me that he had high confidence Tesla would approve the repair, and within 24 hours I received call that it was!

They told me they would repaint the two doors and front fender to match the rest of the paint. I will be dropping it off in two weeks, I'll let you guys know how it goes!

So just a quick update on this...

Took my Tesla in earlier this week, they inspected the car and after about 30 minutes the tech came out and said that they had multiple cars come back and it's been heavily documented. He told me that he had high confidence Tesla would approve the repair, and within 24 hours I received call that it was!

They told me they would repaint the two doors and front fender to match the rest of the paint. I will be dropping it off in two weeks, I'll let you guys know how it goes!
Good luck. Mines was in the body shop 5 weeks. Almost the entire car was repainted and all now match. Mines getting PPF now.

My detailer said paint is so much better than the factory. Maybe repaint is not a bad idea.

My 2012 Prius that was $22k has perfect pearl white paint. My 2018 Outback that was $30k has perfect pearl white paint. My Y that is currently on order for $56k will have perfect pearl white paint regardless of how many I need to reject. Tesla needs to get their head out of their ass and learn how to paint a car. People need to quit compromising on quality.
No competition now. Even the VW IDs which look nice are not AWD. Toyota EVs 3+ years away. They know this. They know they need to up their game on QA issues.

Rejected this today in Kansas City.

VIN36k

Drove 3.5 hours one way because they wouldn’t send a photo beforehand.

Tesla rep said they will have trouble deliverIng the other 7 white MYs with paint issues on their lot unless it’s sunny.

He apologized and paid for my rental car both ways. Now I’m back in the queue for a MSM. I own a white M3 and it’s paint is perfect.

Attachments

• DAA1BF31-999C-454A-B659-A8881DF79D5E.jpeg
    DAA1BF31-999C-454A-B659-A8881DF79D5E.jpeg
    651.2 KB · Views: 59
  • Informative
Reactions: 1 person
So the Tesla rep basically admitted that they'll try to deliver the poorly painted MYs, and the hope is that it's sunny so the cars don't get rejected.

wow. This has been reported by other posters too, that their Tesla reps said they'd just try to deliver the rejected MY to the next customer. So rather than pull the rejected MY from inventory and fix the causes for why it was rejected, they just show it to the next buyer and hope they take it.

sheesh.

Reactions: OZKM3 and VOLinFL