Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint or Vinyl Wrap Seatbacks?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My X is being delivered in a few weeks, and I am torn between whether I should paint or vinyl wrap them. For either option I would use glossy white to match the color of my ultra white interior. From my conversations with vendors, I am told that painting would look the best and last the longest, but would cost double what vinyl would cost.

I know a number of folks here have wrapped their seatbacks in clear film, but I haven't heard of anyone painting or vinyl wrapping them.

Would love to hear pros/cons of both options from everyone.

Thank you.

I've wrapped mine in a dark-translucent wrap that gives them a sort of matte, or semi-satin, finish; but they're still dark-on-white. I can take some mediocre photos if you'd like, although the wrapper forgot to do the rearmost-row's headrests, so it looks a little incomplete / out-of-place. >,>

Re: wrapping vs. painting, always go with wrapping/dipping!

• Maintain the resale value (doubles as a protectant of the original colour/finish),
  • Change up the colour or feel every few years, if you like (especially if you go with a cheaper option),
  • If anything goes wrong, you have a Precise Particular Product you can re-apply to the replacement seats, not a paint colour you have to carefully match

Just my 2¢. (=