Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint Problems

Cj72

Apr 6, 2021
Woodham
I got my Tesla Model 3 December 2020 and had stone chips and paint peel around 1 month later. Also inside door hinges, spoke to Tesla and said they would fix everything apart from all stone chips. So admitted paint problems, just not chips anyone had this issue getting whole job done?
ACE84632-2C86-40CB-9100-F2F0A801EF9E.jpeg

Attachments

• 7827A851-24F2-447F-8271-F632730E8165.jpeg
    7827A851-24F2-447F-8271-F632730E8165.jpeg
    1,011.4 KB · Views: 14

Cj72

Apr 6, 2021
Woodham
Yes will do so far looks like would have to get a spectra test on paint and sounds like a hornet to get it fixed. That’s on top of new heat pump and front window leaks and new replacement cameras. Thinking some of this batch was rushed to get to magic 500,000 orders for shareholders

Bill Foster

I'm going home!
Mar 6, 2019
Nashville
Yes will do so far looks like would have to get a spectra test on paint and sounds like a hornet to get it fixed. That’s on top of new heat pump and front window leaks and new replacement cameras. Thinking some of this batch was rushed to get to magic 500,000 orders for shareholders
Perhaps a batch of bad paint they got…. But it would be across multiple white cars.

Cj72

Apr 6, 2021
Woodham
Yes not sure had lots of cars and never seen it that bad so early. As I used to paint cars back a long time ago as apprentice. You would prime/coat x2 and clear coat. This is razor thin paint anything hitting with speed is chipping it. Normally Audi/BMW that owned did not suffer this. Just hard to see Tesla doing stone chips as it would open up large can of worms. That said if enough effort to prove is made sure they would reassess after already telling me the under side was soft and will fix.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC