TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Paint Protection - Autoflex M3 concept silver during the reveal + Colored Aero Wheels NY

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by dshen54, Aug 18, 2018.

1. dshen54

dshen54 Member

Took a lot of time deciding weather I wanted xpel again on my new tesla vs auto-flex and weighing the pros and cons, I went with auto-flex this time and was deeply impressed.

I really liked the silver from the Tesla reveal and finally got the color match just like the concept silver they did.

Here's a video of my car getting autoflexed by PRODIPPER in NYC in a Satin/Matte carbon-sterling silver.

Matches the concept silver perfectly and just wanted to share with ya'll

Before and after pictures below,
    AUTOFLEX TESLA - Google Drive

Just wanted to share. If y'all have any questions about anything let me know !

Attached Files:

• Like x 4
    • Helpful x 1
  2. e-FTW

e-FTW New electron smell

Looks pretty awesome. Cost? Maintenance?

3. JPUConn

JPUConn Active Member

Looks great! How big is the contrast to the door jambs when you open the door?

4. medx

medx Member

Looks awesome!! Amazing video too! I've been looking for good plastidip, proline, and autoflex shops locally. If I can find a solid shop with a great price on autoflex, I'll probably do that over vinyl wrap.

5. dshen54

dshen54 Member

There's barely is contrast but not in a bad way. It looks super nice because its silky smooth on the inside.

Are you in NY ?

• Like x 1
  6. Cascadian

Cascadian Supporting Member

Yep. This. Closest to the feeling I got when I first laid eyes on the pre-production silver 3 at the reveal. Could you please post more photos, in differing lights? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be most grateful! :)

7. dshen54

dshen54 Member

@Cascadian

Sure no problem, I can take a video for you tomorrow so you can see it better of how the angles hit it and the sparkles of the pearls :)

I won't have the comparison pictures because those were the only ones I took, but i can definitely take plenty of pictures as it is now.

One thing i noticed is that it looks super cool at night/low light too, has this weird reflection to it.

Check back tomorrow for vid / photos

8. Cascadian

Cascadian Supporting Member

Hi, dshen54!

Any update? Most recent thoughts about the Autoflex? My 3 now has a delivery date so I need to firm up some decision-making. The Autoflex certified guy in my area says that glossy offers more protection than satin/matte and so now I'm hesitating a bit on the matte. But if I go glossy, then I'm not going to have my wish of the car looking more like the silver prototype at the reveal. Sigh...

Decisions, decisions....

9. dshen54

dshen54 Member

Deeply apologize I got caught up in work. I have the video but forgot to post it however im out of state at this moment.

My car is a satin-matte mix and then a clear thin autoflex ontop.

Glossy will ruin the look so do not go with glossy, it will be like the standard oem paint.

10. davidalai

davidalai Member

Just wondering if there were any noticable affects to any of the car sensors with Autoflex? Did you just spray over the sensors with coatings of Autoflex?

11. medx

medx Member

Yes, wondering the same thing. Have you noticed any problems with Autopilot or parking sensors? Thanks!

12. dshen54

dshen54 Member

Nope nothing wrong at all, it uses ultrasonic so thin paint wouldn't affect it as much.

13. DylanM

DylanM Member

Looks great! Got me thinking now.

14. Matte_3

Matte_3 Member

its a spray on clear bra?

15. dshen54

dshen54 Member

It's a PPF spray .