Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint protection film and ceramic coating in Maine?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another Maine (hopefully soon to be) Model Y here. You all have any luck with someone doing PPF here in ME?

Yep. Freshly PPF'd this past Tuesday. I did a partial full frontal PPF (covers all the front bumpers, front fenders, both mirrors, and half-way up the hood) with Bob's Auto Detailing . I shopped around mainly my area (Greater Portland) and Sun Stoppers will also do PPF. I think a couple of people have plans or have gotten theirs through Good Work Wraps in York, ME.

For what I wanted to spend (or, NOT, wanting to spend) and the desired protection, I'm very happy with Bob's. If I had gone full frontal to get the entire hood covered, I would have been happy with the quality of work that was done as well.

Not sure if you plan on ceramic coating also, but he also does ceramic coating for a decent price point.

• Informative
Reactions: kayak1 and Gwgan
Yep. Freshly PPF'd this past Tuesday. I did a partial full frontal PPF (covers all the front bumpers, front fenders, both mirrors, and half-way up the hood) with Bob's Auto Detailing . I shopped around mainly my area (Greater Portland) and Sun Stoppers will also do PPF. I think a couple of people have plans or have gotten theirs through Good Work Wraps in York, ME.

For what I wanted to spend (or, NOT, wanting to spend) and the desired protection, I'm very happy with Bob's. If I had gone full frontal to get the entire hood covered, I would have been happy with the quality of work that was done as well.

Not sure if you plan on ceramic coating also, but he also does ceramic coating for a decent price point.
Thanks! I'll give them a call and check prices!

I had Xpel full front PPF installed this week by Good Work Wraps in York. Also had the front side glass tinted to 37% (max per state law). It came out great! They were able to remove and reinstall the front emblem perfectly. Heath was very helpful and informative in advance, and his team did a great job with the install. Highly recommended!

IMG_1417.jpg

IMG_1419.jpg

IMG_1418.jpg

IMG_1420.jpg

Reactions: Gwgan
I had Xpel full front PPF installed this week by Good Work Wraps in York. Also had the front side glass tinted to 37% (max per state law). It came out great! They were able to remove and reinstall the front emblem perfectly. Heath was very helpful and informative in advance, and his team did a great job with the install. Highly recommended!

View attachment 589573

View attachment 589575
View attachment 589579
View attachment 589576

looks like an awesome job well done! @scissorfighter - the blue looks awesome! Planning to do any ceramic coating?

Well, I thought about that, but after much research I came to the conclusion that I probably wouldn't consistently deliver the care and maintenance that a ceramic coating requires. I'm only a wannabe car guy!

The whole point of ceramic coating is it is super durable and doesn't wear away, so you can be much lazier with your care and maintenance :)
It just needs to be perfect when you apply it. Of course some of the ceramics are super picky and really need a professional. But I've been using Feynlab ceramic lite in years past and it was very easy to DIY. It just needed a good strong buff after a day.
Then just this past weekend I tried out Mother's CMX and it really was super easy, just spray on, buff in, then haze and buff off like so many other waxes.
I usually do this once a year after a full spring cleaning and polishing, but I had skipped that earlier this year, and was taking advantage of this weekend's perfect weather.