Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint Protection Film - Prices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just want to know what other people have paid and how prices vary across the UK,

Just been quoted;
  • XPEL Ultimate Plus Full Coverage - £3,500 inc vat
  • De-Chrome - £550 inc vat
  • Rear Window Tints - £340 inc Vat
  • XPEL Fusion Ceramic Coating - £350 inc vat
Are the prices reasonable?
Apologies I'm a complete novice!

Make sure you get edges wrapped not cut short. That make a difference in price and in level of protection.

I don't have whole car prices but from an approved Xpel installer (not to be confused with factory trained which is no guarantee of competence) a wrapped lower rocker (sills, lower doors and trailing edge of rear wheel arch) is around £400 inc VAT and front bumper iirc around £250.

If going Xpel, approved installers are listed on their website.

And don't forget to check with your insurer if its OK.

Make sure you get edges wrapped not cut short. That make a difference in price and in level of protection.

I don't have whole car prices but from an approved Xpel installer (not to be confused with factory trained which is no guarantee of competence) a wrapped lower rocker (sills, lower doors and trailing edge of rear wheel arch) is around £400 inc VAT and front bumper iirc around £250.

If going Xpel, approved installers are listed on their website.

And don't forget to check with your insurer if its OK.

Thanks,
Maybe I'm being daft but why would I have to check with my insurer?

Just want to know what other people have paid and how prices vary across the UK,

Just been quoted;
  • XPEL Ultimate Plus Full Coverage - £3,500 inc vat
  • De-Chrome - £550 inc vat
  • Rear Window Tints - £340 inc Vat
  • XPEL Fusion Ceramic Coating - £350 inc vat
Are the prices reasonable?
Apologies I'm a complete novice!

Those prices are very similar to the prices I was quoted.

Insurance company should know about any modifications you make to the car and if you ever needed to claim it would be better if they covered the replacement of the PPF too. Some insurance companies will not insure wrapped cars so need to be clear that it's a protective film not a vinyl wrap. I went through this process with Direct Line last week.

I was quoted about £4k for a full XPEL PPF on a Model X (taking approximately 3 days).
So yeah, I'd say that first figure is about right but as @VanillaAir_UK says, make sure they are reputable and will wrap the edges properly (along with a good warranty), in 1 piece too. (I'm pretty sure the XPEL PPF comes cut to measure on a plotter style device.)

I was quoted about £4k for a full XPEL PPF on a Model X (taking approximately 3 days).
So yeah, I'd say that first figure is about right but as @VanillaAir_UK says, make sure they are reputable and will wrap the edges properly (along with a good warranty), in 1 piece too. (I'm pretty sure the XPEL PPF comes cut to measure on a plotter style device.)
It does. Shouldn't be any risk of cutting of sheets to fit with a proper installer.

3.5 - 4k inc vat for fully edge-wrapped PPF is there or thereabouts. I got a cheaper deal on the back of extra work but the figures quoted by the OP look reasonable. I also managed to get 'Halo' ceramic coating bundled in.

The chap who did my car recommended this over XPEL and it did seem to perform better both in the final aesthetics and the self-heal properties. He also uses it on all of his top end sports cars, Lambos, Porsche etc and the ones he had in his shop looked excellent:

PremiumShield – Automotive Paint Protection Film

So shop around and remember that XPEL isn't necessarily the best, just the most hyped. For peace of mind, PPF was just what I wanted, particularly given the "fragility" of Tesla paintwork, but others would say don't bother and just go for some DIY ceramic or decent polish. Depends how far you wish to go

I'm going for;

XPEL Ultimate Plus Comprehensive Coverage - Includes the full front bumper, full bonnet, full front wings, rocker panel kit (side skirts and rear arch protector), doors, a pillar, mirror covers and headlights. £2250 inc VAT.

2 x Coat of CarPro CQuartz 3.0 Ceramic Coating (18+ Months) - £425 inc VAT

What finishes are people using when de-chroming?
Gloss? Matte? Satin?
What looks the best - anyone got photos?

This is satin black on MSM..

20200724_151518.jpg

Reactions: Sphinxhunter
XPEL Ultimate Plus Comprehensive Coverage - Includes the full front bumper, full bonnet, full front wings, rocker panel kit (side skirts and rear arch protector), doors, a pillar, mirror covers and headlights. £2250 inc VAT.

That's a really good price with the doors included. Why not just get the boot and rear bumper done too to complete the car?

You could then look at the Xpel Stealth if you fancied that look?

That's a really good price with the doors included. Why not just get the boot and rear bumper done too to complete the car?

You could then look at the Xpel Stealth if you fancied that look?

It's an extra £1250 for the rear bumper and car! I just don't think it's worth it.

Whats the difference between Ultimate Plus and Stealth?
Would love to see any pictures of the black in both?

A company called Wraps and Tints in Leyland - only heard good things

I highly recommend using the Xpel approved installers link XPEL Clear Bra Installers | United Kingdom to check for approved installers. I only heard good things about my Xpel trained installer too, until we got the car home and found it bubbling* and a few days later lifting in a few other places.

They did offer to fix it, but by that time they had shown their true colours on another issue, so I got the job redone at an approved installer at my expense. * the approved installer found the reason for the bubbling when the film was removed - a scrape (looks like it probably made contact with a jack) that the original fitters had simply covered over. That totally vindicated my choice to use a different installer and Xpel were great in advising me on the issue and the approved installer that I finally used come highly recommended. A £800 lesson learned the hard way.

Last edited: