Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint protection film

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys! Just ordered my model 3 and i can’t wait to recueve it!

That being said, i want to protect it as much as possible. Any recommendation on clear protection films from amazon or company? Im from Montreal (Quebec, Canada)

also, what would be the most important areas to protect?

thanks!

That being said, i want to protect it as much as possible. Any recommendation on clear protection films from amazon or company? Im from Montreal (Quebec, Canada)

thanks!

I don’t have recommendations on wear to buy film. I can speak to the protection areas.

When you stand directly in front of the car and look at it, all painted areas you can see should have film. That’s the entire front bumper, hood, front fenders and rear view mirror covers.

Next priority would be the rocker panels, which are the parts of the body on the sides just below the doors and between the front and rear wheels. This is where the front tire can kick road stuff up onto the car.

After that, things are about equally important so, do more coverage that you can afford.

You should probably not do PPF installation yourself unless you have all the tools and knowledge to properly do paint correction and then installation of the film. You're better off finding a reputable shop (sorry, I can't help there). If all else fails, check the XPel and Suntek (or other brands') websites for certified installers near you and start there.

As far as areas to protect go, I would go with at least the full front (entire hood, bumper, and side-view mirrors) plus the rocker panel/wheel arch area right in front of the rear wheels. Lots of debris that gets picked up by your front wheels hit's the body there.

thanks!
Try asking in one of the regional subforms, ie the Canada one, since that's where you'll most likely get an answer from someone in Montreal. I used to live in Ste. Agathe-des-Monts, but that's before PPF became a thing.